Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM barrels - fitted or drop-in?

Short Bus

Two-part question here:

What's the consensus from those people using KKM barrels in their Glock(s) - do you use the drop-in or gunsmith-fitted version?

From those who use the drop-in version - what measure of improvement have you noticed over the stock barrel?

I'm considering a KKM barrel for a Glock 35 and am waffling between the drop-in and gunsmith-fitted versions.

I had a KKM (drop-in) in my G34. The only reason I had it was to be able to shoot lead.

The only improvement over the stock barrel (to me) was the conventional rifling, more chamber support and a slightly tighter chamber.

As for as accuracy, to be honest the factory barrel was slightly more accurate than my KKM. I'm sure a fitted barrel would be different.

On a side note: I just purchased a LWD barrel for my G21 and so far it has every advantage as the KKM but at a cheaper price. :)

Two-part question here:

What's the consensus from those people using KKM barrels in their Glock(s) - do you use the drop-in or gunsmith-fitted version?

From those who use the drop-in version - what measure of improvement have you noticed over the stock barrel?

I'm considering a KKM barrel for a Glock 35 and am waffling between the drop-in and gunsmith-fitted versions.

IMHO---if your not going to shoot lead bullets--do not get an aftermarket barrel. Glock is very accurate out of the box.. If your reason is to shoot pure lead bullets then ---the KKM drop-in is a great choice and will save you $$ over a fitted barrel.

My understanding is moly coated bullets can be fired in glock barrels. Go to the FAQ at www.masterblastersbullets.com and they tell you their bullets will not lead Glock barrels. Molys are few feet faster (FPS) than copper jacketed so you save a litlle powder. I do shoot molys in my STI and molys do shoot a tad faster and require less powder and I have not seen any leading.

Hello: The moly's work perfect in Glocks. I use the Precisions in my G22 and G34. There is no leading and easy cleanup with the stock barrel. I just cleaned the G22 after 500-800 rounds and it looked great inside the barrel. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

• 4 weeks later...
Two-part question here:

KKM barrel is drop-in for Glock

Both barrles are dead on with my G35, I don't see any differences. I'm using JPoint electronic sight.

• 2 months later...

KKM are excellent drop in replacement barrels. My major 9-G17 will have it's barrel fitted however. I do as my gun builder tells me. :)

Another thumbs up for Lone Wolf barrels too. One lives in my G35. It likes it there. Especially now that I use a EGW sizing die.

Jim M

My experience with the KKM drop-in barrel in my G-35 is that it was MUCH more accurate than tha stock Glock barrel. Maybe mine is just a lucky fluke? The difference was astounding! Just my experience, obviously not necessarily the norm.

Larry