Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA Stock

ebg3

Just got a Stock 9mm in today. I plan on using it in production. Anybody else using one of these pistols? What changes/mods are good to do? I plan on installing a fiber front sight, lighter recoil spring, and a lighter hammer spring. I may also try the EGW longer firing pin( I may have to).

EG

I am getting mine tomorrow, and you are on the right path. I plan to run a lighter recoil spring, lighter hammer spring and swap out the front sight for a fiber optic. I don't see a need for the long firing pin, I wont be shooting high pressure rounds and since you have to lower the hammer when you start a stage no point in having an AD with the longer firing pin.

On the production gun i reccomend a 16 pound wolf spring polished and flattened on at least one end. a 10 pound recoil spring if using 147's

I shot one for the past year and a half. if you have ANY mag spring problems get +5% wolfs. A trigger smoothing is all this gun really needs to be very competitive.

I've ran quite a few early this season I shot 115 win whit ebox. also zero 147's over tite group 9 forget OAL i think it was 4.2 grns it would shoot 1" at 20 yards. ... i call that DAMN accurate for a production gun.

That is accurate. Are you shooting an EAA Stock? I'll be shooting mine in the next few days and I'll post results.

• 1 month later...

Been shooting my EAA Stock 9mm. I'm running a 6lb recoil spring and a 13lb hammer spring with the extended EGW pin. I've had a few light strikes with magnum primers. I've got a 14lb hammer spring coming to hopefully stop the light strikes. I'm shooting 115gr JHP's at a 128PF with 700X powder, and they are very accurate(1-1.5" at 25yds). Now the gun is still new..ish and is still tight...ish, but that's still pretty accurate.

EG

Been shooting my EAA Stock 9mm. I'm running a 6lb recoil spring and a 13lb hammer spring with the extended EGW pin. I've had a few light strikes with magnum primers. I've got a 14lb hammer spring coming to hopefully stop the light strikes. I'm shooting 115gr JHP's at a 128PF with 700X powder, and they are very accurate(1-1.5" at 25yds). Now the gun is still new..ish and is still tight...ish, but that's still pretty accurate.

EG

A 6lb recoil spring, a 13lb hammer spring, and 128 power factor...I don't know much about these guns (other than what Moneypenny has told me in the past)...it kinda seems like you are exploring the edge of the knife ?

EG

A 6lb recoil spring, a 13lb hammer spring, and 128 power factor...I don't know much about these guns (other than what Moneypenny has told me in the past)...it kinda seems like you are exploring the edge of the knife ?

It sounds wrong doesn't it? It was suggested I try a 6lb and an 8lb spring and use the best feeling one. With such a light load, the gun feels soft and safe with the 6lb spring. I'm going out today with both springs to compare some more. I do think the 13lb hammer spring is a bit light for me. I've got a 14lb hammer spring on the way.

EG

Edited by ebg3

I've had a few light strikes with magnum primers.

I suspect that your light strikes are due to the Magnum Primers. I use regular CCI pistol primers in my Open gun with no issues of primer flow etc. so regular pistol primers will solve your problem.

I think you're right. The CCI magnum primers I was using were old(+15yrs) and I think some were not seated fully(sorry brass with tight primer pockets). I don't seem to have the problem with winchester small rifle primers.

EG

I suspect that your light strikes are due to the Magnum Primers. I use regular CCI pistol primers in my Open gun with no issues of primer flow etc. so regular pistol primers will solve your problem.

I think you're right. The CCI magnum primers I was using were old(+15yrs) and I think some were not seated fully(sorry brass with tight primer pockets). I don't seem to have the problem with winchester small rifle primers.

EG

I was wrong. Just got back from practice and had 6 light strikes out of 200 rounds(WSR primers). I think I need to buy some small pistol primers. BTW, my EGW firing pin isn't flush with my breechface, it is a little short. I may try trimming the firing pin spring to see if that helps.

EG

Edited by ebg3

EG

I was wrong. Just got back from practice and had 6 light strikes out of 200 rounds(WSR primers). I think I need to buy some small pistol primers. BTW, my EGW firing pin isn't flush with my breechface, it is a little short. I may try trimming the firing pin spring to see if that helps.

EG

I thought on a production gun you couldn't change out the firing pin? But if you are having light strikes why not just use small pistol primers and worst case get one of Henning's X-long firing pins. I didn't think the EGW were any longer then stock just lighter?

Leo

They made the first one he sold this one is even lighter and longer then the EGW one.

http://www.henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.elite.tuning.html

Leo

I do have his long pin. I didn't mean to say EGW. Going to small pistol primers would be the easy way...

The 14lb hammer spring did the trick. It hits quite a bit harder thn the 13lb spring. Now if I can just find a replacement for the sorry LPA lo-mount rear sight!

• 3 weeks later...
EGW is who makes Hennings xlong firing pin.

No they are not. My X-Long Firing Pins are made by a different company unaffiliated with EGW. The pins are made to my specifications. They fit just sub-flush with the breech face, are 33% lighter than the factory, made of 420 stainless and hardened to RC 55. I made them so that they can be dropped-in, no fitting required and elimination of light strikes even with the lightest hammer springs. Pretty cool.

First off. you can do all kinds of crazy crap in USPSA that is illegal in IPSC. so don't shoot that gun elsewhere.

6 pound recoil spring... man your living on a razor , yes the gun will work with them. but one dry day not enough lube. that will bite you in the ass. I don't think you'll wear out he gun. but I would add about 7 Power Factor and atleast 3-4 pounds on the recoil spring. I have never had the setup with henning's firing pin and wouldn't use it because it's not IPSC legal. I ran a 14-15 pound tuned wolf spring in my gun and it set off winchesters fine.. CCI are harder than Fed and Win. so i just don't use them in a pistol.

I quit shooting my EAA stock last summer when i got a S&W M&P I was just wanting a change and accidentally put the safety on after mag changes with the stock.. no safety.. no problem :)

Also a note of warning. If you remove the firing pin block Test your safety ( thumb safety) REGULARLY A slight anomolie occurs with my gun. when doing a mag change my thumb would brush the safety up. i'd pull the Trigger and nothing woul d happen. put the safety off and the hammer drops. :o but the firing pin safety caught it. i did try it without the firing pin safety and got a BANG once in a while. usually just a slightly dented primer. the safety wore down. i don't know why. but just keep your eye on it. because if this happens with a really experienced chronno/equip check your fixing your gun or going home.