Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmith who lies

KentG

I hate it when a gunsmith tells you that your project he assured you would be ready isnt,, and he keeps stringing you along sayitng it will be ready soon. When you finaly are up to here with it and demand the truth you find out he is having issues and its not near ready. For GODS SAKE tell me up front your having a problem!! :angry2:

That I can deal with and will be patient as long as your keeping me up to date.

This situation is developing and has affected my plans for matches for the rest of the shooting season most likely when I could have already been aware of it and it wouldnt have been a big deal.

The best gunsmith in the world is useless if I cant trust him to be honsest with me. Hell,, a "I dont know when it will be done" is better than a "checks in the mail" type awnser.

Im so Pissed over this I can bite nails only because he wasnt up front with me,, not the fact the work is behind.

I have been through that exact situation in the somewhat recent past.... :( Sucks....

This is where open, honest communication would do folks a lot better than trying to tell people what you think they want to hear....

Gosh,

I know exactly how you feel. Btwn a class III issue that has dragged on for over a year, I ordered a rifle two weeks ago with a 3 day delivery and guess what... it still isn't here.

Please don't lie to me.

FWIW

dj

+1

This type of stuff drives me bonkers. XXX in YYY City, ZZZ pulled a couple of stunts with me a few years back. . I've never set foot in his shop since.

==================

ETA: Initials and cities of 'problematic' gunsmiths or service providers of any type is too close to naming names (which we don't do).

Edited by ima45dv8

I guess I thought that was kinda normal, almost SOP for most gunsmiths. I have had work done on handguns by some of the very top names in gunsmithing and/or competitive shooting :bow: and have NEVER, EVER got the gun back within 6 months of the time promised.

Of course there was the local guy who had a rifle for almost 4 years before I lost patience with his "parts are on order" excuses. :(

And then there was the slightly lesser-known custom gunsmith, but who has been written up in several of the gunzines, who told (allegedly) a friend of mine that he preferred to work on guns from people out of state, since they couldn't bring them back to complain. :(

Bob

Yeah! A friend of mine were/is going to get him self a new gun, that he will have modified somewhat.

Since he doesn't have the neccesary tools to make this job, he contacted a store (w/o mentioning name) here.

First they asked him why he wanted THAT gun.

Second, they replied, that they do porting, but they had never heard about V8-porting.

My friend then send a link and picture regarding the V8, to make sure they got it right.

They never replied back, at all. Not even a; 'sorry, but we are not able to, but we can order the gun for you!'

At least, that would be respectful.

Now, they just lost an order of 1x pistol, 1x compensator, 1x barrel, and the workhours.

That is bad for business and reputation, imo.

:blink:<_<:angry2: