Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lethal Weapon

Jack Suber

OK. The movie bothers me because of all the shooting and Dannie Glover is such and anti-gun person (yeah, he is anti-gun but he will use them to make money). But I just saw the firing range scene....

Has anyone noticed how badly Mel Gibson flinches when he shoots in the movie? Every shot he fired he had his eyes closed :blink: . My son even caught it. It really irks me....

LOL. I was just watching that too. My wife is sooooo tired of me pointing out that stuff. Bad grip, bad flinch, bad jerking the trigger lalalalalalalaa.... She just rolls her eyes.

But yeah, it's pretty poor gun handling.

LOL. I was just watching that too. My wife is sooooo tired of me pointing out that stuff. Bad grip, bad flinch, bad jerking the trigger lalalalalalalaa.... She just rolls her eyes.

But yeah, it's pretty poor gun handling.

My wife won't even watch "gun" movies with me anymore. She says I take the fun out of them.

LOL. I was just watching that too. My wife is sooooo tired of me pointing out that stuff.

Yeah any time we are going to watch I shooting movie the first thing she say is " I don't want to hear a damn thing about what or how they are shooting"

:blink:

• 1 year later...

One of my all time faviorite gun movies !!! I'm revising this because I am watching it

right now. I just saw the famous range scene for the first time in like 10-15 years and had to

come on here to comment on the blinking. The only problem is that that is not blinking, it's a

"massive convulsive flinch". I wish I did'nt see that and just kept the childhood memory of

what a badass Gibson was ... :(

I refuse to watch ANYTHING that involves people with whose politics I don't like/disagree with.

Danny Glover - South Africa and Guns

Bill Cosby - South Africa

Jimmy Buffet - Waterways and Manatees in Florida

Oprah - NO NEED to elaborate

Those are just a few

So here's my screw hollywood spin.

Lethal Weapon actually INSPIRED people to be kick ass shooters. Think about it - who didn't try and shoot a smiley face after watching that? I did!

Danny Glover is anti-gun and yet this movie series actually inspired gun sales!

I love it. If this represents how gun haters want to battle gun ownership then I strongly encourage them on! Say what they will, their actions (no matter the motivation) speak louder than their words.

And I totally disregard the fact that they can't shoot. I can't fault them for being stupid either. Just who they are.

J

I do like the movies but they are kinda far fetched. Espcially when he makes the smiley face at 20-30 yards away (i can't judge distance that well since i don't have the movie in front of me)

I was asking IF you liked being smacked, NOT the movie

So do you look like your avatar when you cant figure out what gun it is.......in that case, I'm

with her !!! :roflol:

I agree with Jb1, they always forget, or refuse to admit that media, movies, books, music, do shape

modern culture !! I still remember how badly I wanted a Beretta and look at me now, thanks Danny !! ;)

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

I was watching one of those cop shows on TV last week. The detectives were searching an apartment with a group of uniformed officers. One of the detectives swept the whole bunch of them with his finger on the trigger. :surprise:

Edited to add: When the perp appeared there were cops on either end of the hallway and the suspect was in between them. No one seemed bothered by the crossfire setup.

Edited by sperman

I was watching one of those cop shows on TV last week. The detectives were searching an apartment with a group of uniformed officers. One of the detectives swept the whole bunch of them with his finger on the trigger. :surprise:

Edited to add: When the perp appeared there were cops on either end of the hallway and the suspect was in between them. No one seemed bothered by the crossfire setup.

It's all good because:

1. Cops on TV never miss and

2. Perps on TV are impenetrable, just like USPSA targets..... :lol:

If you watch any of the LW movies they all have alot of anti-gun and anti-NRA stuff in them, even posters in the back ground with big circle and line through NRA.

Richard Donner the prodocer and directors is the really big anti gun person.

It is funny how many Beretta's this movie sold, It was one of my first ever gun purchases.