Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

FITASC

EricW

Anybody shoot FITASC in the US? I know that the NSCA is the US governing body, but didn't know if it was like IPSC/USPSA where you could shoot the international rules system with it's own flavor of COF's here in the US. Figured it might be fun to shoot it abroad sometime...

Anybody shoot FITASC in the US? I know that the NSCA is the US governing body, but didn't know if it was like IPSC/USPSA where you could shoot the international rules system with it's own flavor of COF's here in the US. Figured it might be fun to shoot it abroad sometime...

Damn man, Clays is hard enough...Fitasc is really a killer...

Everything you can do on a Clays range at 35 yds better be able to duplicate it on the FITASC range at 50...that is what makes Geo Diggweed so tough..he is an awesome FITASC shooter and Clays just is closer, so even better for him...

good luck with it..if you ever have a chance try to shoot Glen Eagles one of the nicer shotgun layouts you will see..

I shot FITASC every weekend for years. It is without a doubt the best clay target game there is. There is a FITASC shoot at every major sporting clays shoot in the US. You will usually shoot FITASC on Friday before the main sporting clays event or between rounds on a 200 target event. At a shoot with a 200 target main event we would shoot 100 SC targets Sat AM. FITASC Sat afternoon and finish up the 100 SC Sunday AM.

If you want something tougher than FITASC try boxed released or hand thrown live birds. (pigeons)

Our club in GA has held a few over the years. The one time I shot it for score it was tough, but a fun game. Anyone that can do well at FITASC has really learned to shoot a shotgun.

Anyone that can afford to travel should be able to find several FITASC events in the US during the shooting year.

I forgot that the World Shoot was here last year: http://www.horseandhunt.com/club/fitasc.html

Edited by JD45

If you want something tougher than FITASC try boxed released or hand thrown live birds. (pigeons)

Not only are they tough but the money is awesome at live bird shoots. I grew up trapshooting and in conjunction with the Golden West Grand in Reno they throw a pretty nice live pigeon shoot.

We have a few places relatively close to me that shoot boxed birds. I try to go 3-4 times a year. Fortunately there is a place to practice boxed birds about an hour from my house. It is pricey but better than going to a shoot with no practice. Sorry for the thread drift.