Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick Passing of a Pet

EZ Bagger

Don't know if it's a hate or not because I certainly wouldn't want him to have suffered any more than he did, but I sure am glad that we were here when it happened rather than having him lay there for a few hours with no one to help.

Hunter VCD1 CD OA OJP TD DD WGS WWDx NWPD (the dog on the far left of my avatar) has gone to the rainbow bridge.

Few of you will understand what all of these titles represent, but they are only the top level titles he has earned.

To Wit:

VCD1 is the AKC's Versatility title. Hunter was the first, and is still the only GSMD to have earned this title. The rest represent obedience, agility, tracking, drafting, versatility, weight pulling, and packing.

All this from a dog that the original owners dumped in the woods (many in the Swissy world know him as Woody because of this) to die, was found and survived parvo to provide 10 years of amazement.

So sorry to hear about your loss. My wife and I lost one of our dogs in February and it's still hard.

The best advice I have is to cherish the memories you have of Hunter.

Edited by rtr

I'm very sorry for your loss :( They just don't spend enough time here with us, do they?

Every day of my life i try to give my dog CODY half the love and devotion he gives to me and i always remember that both of our days are numbered and i cherish our time together. Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I have not yet had to deal with this, as both dogs I had as a young boy were both given away after a year.

The wife and I have two Jack Russels, and I dread that day I know will some day come, hopefully many years from now, when I lose them.

Those with experiance, do you find a new puppy soon after helps, or do you like to wait a while?

Sorry to hear about your loss. On Tuesday evening I had to rush my Yellow Lab/Great Dane to the vet. She hadn't left her crate in two days (we tried), hadn't ate in two days, and only drank right before we left the house to go to the vet. She is 11 YOA now, and has probably seen her better days. I had to wrap her into a blanket and grab the four couners to carry all 90 pounds of her down the stairs (not easy to do with dead weight and a bad back.

So, she wouldn't walk on her own. We put her in the back of the van, drive the 20 minutes to the vet, and miraculasly (sp?) she jumps out of the van, runs to the wooded area, does her thing, and acts like there is nothing wrong with her.

After the physical exam, blood work, the vet finds she is in excellent health. Ohh, and I am out $$$$...but in all honestly, I don't really mind, she's a great dog. But I remain worried, because she has started doing the same thing again today!

Yes, everything seems fine with her diet, and her intake of water now. I honestly just think she is getting old, and doesn't want to be bothered with us! I am also sure it doesn't help that we now have a 10 month old Scottish Terrier, and at times she can be outright annoying.