Chris Keen

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only 4 and a half weeks until NATIONALS!!! :goof:

I got my ammo loaded, my hotel reserved, and it's time to start laying on the practice hard and heavy. I doubt I can get 5000 rounds in between now and then, but I'll be shooting every local club match I can, and I'll get out to the practice range at least twice a week from now on.

I had a dream last night that I finished exactly where I did the last 2 years. 77% & 78% to be exact. And I know I dont want to finish that bad again this year. I'd like to see a marked improvement in my Nationals results this year. I'd be really excited to finish at or above 80%.

Edited by Chris Keen

• 4 weeks later...
I had a dream last night that I finished exactly where I did the last 2 years. 77% & 78% to be exact. And I know I dont want to finish that bad again this year. I'd like to see a marked improvement in my Nationals results this year. I'd be really excited to finish at or above 80%.

Note to self: To hell with 80%. :devil: I'm shooting for an 85% overall finish at the Limited Nats. I want to shoot Master Class scores this year, and I WILL! B)

With only 5 or 6 days to go until Nationals, here are my latest 2 club match videos. I feel very strong about my shooting at this point in the year, and I have nothing but positive vibes about the Nationals.

1st stage - Got a little sloppy on the Teeter Totter, and while transitioning to the left target, the Teeter Totter slammed the ground and my sight picture was disturbed, but I didn't take a make up shot at it, hence the one mike. Otherwise a very good stage.

2nd stage - Hit the wall with my muzzle on the draw, and then didnt call my first shot (which was a 1/2 inch into the black hard cover. Tried shooting the small steel plates on the move at first, but soon realized I need to stop moving and just nail them.

3rd stage - Somehow I was shooting very high on the far steel. It was very strange for my grip to be off that much.

4th stage was the cooper tunnel stage. I had no issues with the tunnel, but I took 2 extra shots on the small steel plate through that port, which ran my round count up from 19 to 21. I dont know why but once again, I started with 1 bullet too few. I only started with 20+1 and can quite easily get 21+1 in my mags so I dont know what I was thinking. I was signifigantly distracted with a phone call from work, right before I shot.

5th stage was the classifier. Did ok on the draw and reload felt smooth, but I tagged two no-shoots on the right.

Edited by Chris Keen

Here's the video from the 2nd match this weekend.

Stage 1 - "Can You Count" .... this classifier is all about being relaxed, which I was on the first string. But I got a little fired up after shooting so fast, and was tense on the 2nd string. Oh well .... still managed something around a 90% nationally on it.

Stage 2 - This was a nice 26 round assault type field course, which was alot of fun. I got another chance to test out the new big-stick I got from Freedom Gunworks, which I plan on using at the Open Nats. The only thing weird was that as I got to shots umber 21 & 22 (going into my last position) I could feel the weight (or lack of) of the gun and it sort of distracted me. Very weird.

Stage 3 - This was a standards stage, that had a "fun" element to it ...... the first string was one target in the center surrounded by no shoots. I did that part in 1.81 seconds from surrender position. NO problems on the rest of the SH / WH shooting. Felt very good.

Stage 4 - This was a memory stage as every target looked the same as the one next to it. There were 8 in the front, and 8 in the back. All full-size targets but surrounded by no shoots again. I found a symmetrical way to shoot smoothly while on the move, and finished the stage 4 seconds faster than my next closest competition. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I never expected to do this well. It was a great match. Had a lot of fun out there. I reached my goal of shooting 85% and now that I see it can be done I need to set some new goals.

Here's a link to my video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcACye7xz7o

Edited by Chris Keen

Thanks for the kind words everybody. I never expected to do this well. It was a great match. Had a lot of fun out there. I reached my goal of shooting 85% and now that I see it can be done I need to set some new goals.

Here's the entire video, complete with the painfully slow stage 2. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PH_MlXtAa4

Lookin good Chris... hard to tell from the video, but it looked like a lot off stuff was close to the 180. :unsure: