Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Discussion: Aimpoint Micro on Gold Team

Jeff686

It seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Why couldn't you mount it on the right, in front of the ejection port, right over the mounting holes?

You could rotate the aimpoint 90 deg, and have minimal clearance between the frame and sight. Henning, you're trying out that 45deg C-More mount, so it's not unreasonable to rotate to odd angles to acheive a lower dot. 90 deg is even simpler, in comparison.

Wouldn't the mount be cheaper to make too, since it could be made from a single piece of flat stock?

Maybe something like below. I just guessed at the dimensions, but it seems simple enough.

post-985-1209161028.jpg

post-985-1209161028.jpg

Edited by Jeff686

It seems obvious to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

Why couldn't you mount it on the right, in front of the ejection port, right over the mounting holes?

You could rotate the aimpoint 90 deg, and have minimal clearance between the frame and sight. Henning, you're trying out that 45deg C-More mount, so it's not unreasonable to rotate to odd angles to acheive a lower dot. 90 deg is even simpler, in comparison.

Wouldn't the mount be cheaper to make too, since it could be made from a single piece of flat stock?

Maybe something like below. I just guessed at the dimensions, but it seems simple enough.

post-985-1209161028.jpg

Sounds like a great idea!! Are there any problems connected to mounting it on the right side? :rolleyes:

Edited by Flexmoney

• 10 months later...
I wonder if we can get it to fit the Gold Team. What would we need? No holes, so we can drill it oursevles, and maybe a spacer?

They would need to ditch the big hole in the middle cut off the frame mounting holes part completely and re-drill new holes further up the mount. The Tanfoglio slide is much lower so you need to drop the whole mount about 1/3 of an inch.

Mike at Schuemann built me a mount for the Aimpoint Micro. It's going on my Hunter 10mm 6" gun. It's over at Rich now for a few tweaks before it's getting finished with a Micro and ready for Hunting season. I'm thinking of doing a BearCoat Camo paint job on it... we'll see ;-)).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One option, the option that is going on my STI and my EAA open guns when finished will be J-Points on top of this mount by Arredondo:

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/catego...6cqdmj&GID=

Just get the undrilled model, mill off the bottom to get the height right for you EAA/TF, drill it to match the holes in your frame, mount your J-Point/Doctor, and rock on! Certainly not the only way to go, but certainly not a bad way either.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about the bad thing about slide mounting a J-Point/Doctor type sight was having to machine the slide; while this can be a cool thing to do it is certainly not necessary. I have an original Fire Point site sitting on a Glock mount that goes inthe factory dovetail, and haven't a problem in the world with it.

If I can find an adaptor plate that will go into the dovetails on either of my two open guns, I'd not hesitate to try it. On my Glock I never loose site of the dot during the cycle, but that may not be the case with another type of pistol. If it doesn't work, that Arredondo mount will work just fine.

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI... If you go with the RHT mount for Tanfoglio/Aimpoint Micro then you will need to add a shim to the rear of the mount. It appears that there is no 1 degree decline in the mount so it's hard to sight the gun in. I added a 0.015" shim to the rear between scope/mount, this equates to about .5 degree (I think) which allowed me to sight it in.

By the time the case is starting to come out of the ejection port it is way past the scope mount. I never had any issues with my gun back in '93 when it had a right-side scope mount. As long as it is forward enough it works fine.