Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single stack frame HELP!!!!

AikidoGirl

Wondering what to do!!! I have taken the 5 inch STI Edge top of my gun and have replaced it with CG custom lightweight long slide 6” (Love it). I am looking to put my 5” top on a single stack frame. But with all the frames on the market it is hard making a choice. I was hoping someone on here has had experience with STI 2011 with the new single stack grips. I have also looked at the 1911 frame from SVI with the square trigger guard. Still have not found a price! I know some of you are wondering why I want a single stack; well in SA, TX they started a single stack classic this year and it took off big time! My gunsmith Carlos Guzman won the match this year. I would like any input from you all. Thanks Mark S. (Aikido Girl’s ammo loader and gun cleaner, she says that’s all I am good for)

A18138  

I found the answer to the Caspian race ready fram on the 1911society Web site:

Q: Can I build a 1911 from a Caspian single stack frame with the integral magwell and a Caspian Slide? I realize that Caspian does not sell complete guns. Is this legal for the SSC?

A: Yes you may build a 1911 from Caspian or any other 1911 parts supplier and use it at the SSC. This has confused some people because we list production rules. As long as a 1911 that is built from parts is in the same configuration as a production 1911 you can use it at the SSC.

Well guys after a lot of phone calls you all right. The best frame for the money is Caspian; the STI grip is a wide body with panels (Not legal anywhere) and SV won’t sell their frame unless it is attached to a complete gun. I also could run into some problems with my slide and the Caspian rails. My slide might be to lose, if it is I am ordering a new slide and will use the rest of the stuff. Thanks guys! Hope to get the new race frame in soon!!!!

Mark Self A18138