Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 2 / Rio Salado Desert Classic - Mesa, AZ

"All the revo crowd" is painting with a rather broad brush. Overall there is a fair bunch of local shooters that submitted but did not get in although I don't know the exact numbers per Division. There are good local people that didn't get in.

There are nine (9) to-date in Revolver division...

:ph34r:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barb,

Things are much less hostile here than last year at this time. Y'all may of done something right for a change <_< .

Actually, good job on fixing the admission issues! Thanks to the whole staff! :bow: Can't wait for the match!

Later,

Chuck

Barbara, I agree completely with Chuck. The raffle arrangement seems a much better (more fair) solution than the old system. Thanks for all you guys have done to address this. We got in and will bring chocolate. What do you prefer?

We got in and will bring chocolate. What do you prefer?

Bob, There is a subtle hint in post #16 <_<

Flex: AFAIK, TNS is the last match before the range is closed for set-up. You should be good to go. I have looked around in the past for other practice opportunities on Wednesday and Thursday such as Ben Avery but I never heard of any. Perhaps some local Mesa-ites could let us know. TNS would be a nice warm-up.

I think I am in.

Is Tuesday Night Steel still on for the 6th ??? (looks to still be on the Rio Saldo Calendar)

The steel match still goes on we just have to dodge some of the props for the Classic.

-ld

Hopalong,

i won't be at the Revo Nats this year. As of yet I just haven't had enough free time to improve my USPSA skills enough to justify taking a slot from someone else there. If there are 9 Revo shooters at the Area 2, I will be in 8th or 9th place when the dust settles. that's okay by me for now, as i am there as much to represent Dillon as I am to shoot. But now that I have our new web site up, I might have some time to practice more soon. maybe in 2008..... :cheers:

I think I am in.

Is Tuesday Night Steel still on for the 6th ??? (looks to still be on the Rio Saldo Calendar)

Flex,

Tentative yes. Tues. Night Steel MD has been contacted. Will post response.

Jim

opps, sorry, didn't spot jhgtyre post. will still post Gary's response.

Edited by JimmyM

Barb,

Things are much less hostile here than last year at this time. Y'all may of done something right for a change <_< .

Actually, good job on fixing the admission issues! Thanks to the whole staff! :bow: Can't wait for the match!

Later,

Chuck

Barbara, I agree completely with Chuck. The raffle arrangement seems a much better (more fair) solution than the old system. Thanks for all you guys have done to address this. We got in and will bring chocolate. What do you prefer?

I'm glad that (for the most part) people are okay with the new system. It sure cuts down on the anxiety that August 2nd brought last year. It was pretty rough trying to tell folks that they were 140th on the waiting list after they had just spent $15 on overnight shipping.

My Favorites ;-)

Dark works, too.

A2Chic :ph34r:

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Barb,

Did everyone who was put on the waitlist get sent an email?

The reason I ask is that I didn't get an email either way....

...not sure what that means.

Yes.

I sent you an email today... You are in - you didn't provide an email address on your app - used one from last year - apparently it didn't get to you.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

Barbara,

Just curious...

How big of a waiting list as of today???

Also, any idea on when you expect to start working on the waiting list? :unsure:

Working on it already. One person added. One guy dropped; one guy got slotted due to someone else who had been selected in the lottery who had to drop.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic

"All the revo crowd" is painting with a rather broad brush. Overall there is a fair bunch of local shooters that submitted but did not get in although I don't know the exact numbers per Division. There are good local people that didn't get in.

Two Revo's for sure showing up.......Me and Bagakis.

Jerry M. should be there also.............(right Barbara ???)

Dan

Edited by D.carden

Yes.

I sent you an email today... You are in - you didn't provide an email address on your app - used one from last year - apparently it didn't get to you.

Ahja! Thank you ma'am. Until I get back to my work email (which changed again due to another IT dept "decision"), please consider this response my CONFIRMATION.

Yes.

Ahja! Thank you ma'am. Until I get back to my work email (which changed again due to another IT dept "decision"), please consider this response my CONFIRMATION.

Got it...

:cheers:

Barbara,

Just curious...

How big of a waiting list as of today???

Also, any idea on when you expect to start working on the waiting list? :unsure:

Working on it already. One person added. One guy dropped; one guy got slotted due to someone else who had been selected in the lottery who had to drop.

Ten more to go... :wacko:

Barb,

Later,

Chuck

Boy, now if we could just fix getting the local CLUB MEMBERS in the match. These are the people who support, work, pay match fees every weekend, donate Area 2 Stages, etc etc. It just seems that its just not right bitting off the hand that feeds you every week. The Lottery seems to have worked and thats all good. I just hate to see the locals who work so hard at making the club the best shooting facility in the country not be able to shoot the match. BTW, Yes I am not in match but this has been my opinion for years.

B

Maybe a three tiered application process would work. Locals would have the first month open to sign up, the second month for those who actually live in Area 2 and then open it up to the whole world for the third month if any slots are left.

-ld

Cmon guys, lets give these folks credit for their work in setting up a fair and equitable system this year. With only 39 on the waiting list it doesnt look like too many people who bothered to send in entries will miss out. By the way Barbara I prefer the dark myself :)

Don't get me wrong. I think this years system is an improvement. Barb and crew work hard on these matches and do a great job. There is of course always room for civil discussion of potential process improvements.

-dl

Maybe a three tiered application process would work. Locals would have the first month open to sign up, the second month for those who actually live in Area 2 and then open it up to the whole world for the third month if any slots are left.

-ld

Just a few thoughts on this topic of the lottery draw... If you require "locals" to have a mailing address in AZ - how far out of the town of Mesa can you be to be classified as "local"? Within the Phoenix / Tucson area? What about the guys from Flagstaff or Payson or Prescott? ... or ... If it is required that they are members of the club, will we soon have 1,000 new club members? Any way you look at it, if someone REALLY wants to get in on the "first group", they will find a way. What about the "local" guys that have out of town family or friend who always shoot together? Is this okay to submit one local guy + 3 out of towners? What about the guys that won their class/division last year... they are wanting a guaranteed slot, too. The lottery took a lot of these ifs and buts out of the equation. Although it was very impersonal drawing from a bucket of numbers, I didn't know who was getting in until all was said and done. I try my best to be unbiased and fair to everyone. I don't even look at who's times are which when I enter the scores, other than ensure I'm entering the correct score for the right competitor. Did I feel bad when a group of my friends didn't get in? Of course I did! But on the same note, know that I didn't go back and fix it so they could get in - didn't move them up on the waiting list - didn't shuffle the numbers in any way. I don't take bribes, don't play favoritism, and pride myself as an honest person. I hope all y'all appreciate it...

A2Chic :ph34r: