Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lost My Mom

Joe D

My Mom passed away Wednesday morning. She had asked me to do something about a year ago. Her wish was to die in my arms. I was able to fulfill her wish. I was holding her in my arms when she took her last breath. What a great honor and privilege to be holding your Mom when she passes from this life into Heaven. It was very peaceful. Her breathing got slower and slower then stopped. The hospice nurses were wonderful.

Guys spend as much time as you can with your loved ones. You never know when they will be gone. The hardest part is not being able to see them again in this life. I will always remember how her face would light up when I would go see her. Just her little statement of "Hey son" and that big smile told me everything.

Today we will bury her. I must be strong for my Dad. They were married for 67 years. It is hard not to weep.

Edited by Joe D

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. It's nice you could be there with her. My thoughts are with you and your Dad.

There's no shame in weeping for the one who brought you in to the world. She deserves the tears....

JT

Thanks for your thoughtful reminder about how we can easily take things for granted... My mom is elderly (but in astoundingly decent health, especially mentally), yet sometimes I don't see her as often as I probably should--even though she lives close by. I often remind myself NOT to get into too many heated arguments with her as she might be gone tomorrow or something. I really try to keep the peace. I can only hope she passes gracefully and peacefully (as we all should) and that I've done what I could for her in the meantime. They say parenting is a responsibility; well, being an adult child is exactly that, too. If you're on good terms with your parents, try and keep it that way when they're old. They may be grumpy or cool toward you, but they'd probably royally freak if you neglected them.

You have my profoundest condolences, and I'm especially glad you were able to see to her passing in a truly appropriate way. Life is a Mystery and death is an even greater one. It should be respected.

Best wishes,

SL

Joe,

My mom has bee very ill since November last year due to a very serious stroke. Not one day goes by that I wish I could see her every day but it is not possible. What I fear most is that she passes and I'm not there for her. I'm glad you were able to be there with and for yours, as she wanted.

Cry. She earned your tears.

My condolences and prayers to you and yours.

Nelson

She had asked me to do something about a year ago. Her wish was to die in my arms. I was able to fulfill her wish. I was holding her in my arms when she took her last breath. What a great honor and privilege to be holding your Mom when she passes from this life into Heaven. It was very peaceful. Her breathing got slower and slower then stopped. The hospice nurses were wonderful.

God bless you & yours. I admire your courage & stand in awe of your love.

My deepest condolences Joe. It seems to be a bad year for mothers. Mine passed away at the age of 86 in February. It is truly amazing how one very sad event brings back half a century of good memories.

Dale

I will always remember how her face would light up when I would go see her. Just her little statement of "Hey son" and that big smile told me everything.

You keep that smile and that statement in mind!!

My sincere condolences!

Henny. Stay strong man!

Edited by schmitz