Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Grand Prix

randy01

The nearest thing I could find to a Browning Gran Prix shotgun is the Browning GP Sporter. From the picture it appears identical to the Browning 525 Sporting, which is an excellent sporting clays gun. No other information was included. I could not find it in the Browning website so I assume this is a used gun?

Bill

I have no particular experience with the Grand Prix, but I'd suspect, like all Browning "Citori" types, it will be well made, reliable and durable. The "actions" are all the same.

Since they are "production" guns, you "get what you get", so it would be good if you have the chance to feel and compare it to the 525 or XS sporting models. They will differ in weights, balance, adjustable stocks, back-bore barrels, rib widths, etc it's nice to handle them all. They do feel different, at least the American versions do.

It does have the unique feature of being able to switch it from ejecting or extracting the shells...that's neat.

Since all that doesn't help you much there is a review at www.clay-shooting.com. Sounds like a nice gun with "lighter" than normal Browning barrels...if that's what you want.

Good luck.

Edited by Irishlad