Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-43

Jake:

Our club is just now getting around to building a decent "door prop". I like the looks of this stage and I think I'll suggest it for our special classifier match coming up in May. I'll get back to you later. Have you shot this beast?

• 1 year later...

I always like to look right at the gun at the the start beep (for table starts).

I try to avoid getting sucked into props like doors and barrels. Get too far into a door, and it takes time to get back out. I'd rather stand back an arms length, if possible. And, getting into barrels means yuo have to deal with that distracting noise. It can be distracting at times.

This one has a little different twist in that you can either move left away from the door towards the barrel or go through the door. It pays to see what kind of supports are used on the door frame to see if it is easier to go through after engaging the second array or to move left clear of the door.

• 1 month later...
That's not quite true. I just read the stage description. I hate barricades so I shot it through the door. Who went first? :D

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I think I must have misunderstood the discussion when James or someone asked if they could go downrange of the doorway to shoot, and we established that they had to be fired from behind the fault line.

Somehow in my peabrain, I interpreted that as you have to open the door and shoot through it.

Of course, I still would have shot a low D-class score even had I properly gamed the stage!

And you, sir, shot rather well. I recall a brief moment in time many months ago when were far closer to being evenly matched. You have left me in your AikiDust!

You too can have an amazing increase in your shooting speed!

This is AikiDale's 12 step program for improving your shooting:

1. Buy or win a copy of Brian's book

2. Buy or win a copy of Steve's book

3. Buy or win a copy of Matt's DVDs

4. Buy or win an S_I in .40 S&W

5. Read Brian's Book

6. Read Steve's Book

7. Watch Matt's DVDs

8. Think about what you read in Brian's book

9. Think about what you read in Steve's book

10. Think about what you saw in Matt's DVDs

11. When the reruns on TV Land get boring pretend to shoot at them

12. When the weather is just perfect and you have nothing better to do, sneak down to your local range and fire a few rounds just for fun. You don't even have to try to hit anything. Just for grins see if you can see the front sight lift in recoil.

You will make C class in no time ;)

I wonder if I put together a DVD and Book combo demonstrating this method if I could get rich selling it on EBay?

It was fun shooting with you and James. Sorry if I seemed a little distracted, trying to RO and figure out Max's courses of fire are enough to keep me occupied!

If you had seen me shoot Saturday you would wonder how I could have progressed so far in only 24 hours! :D

I watched a young man leap to a crouch from the sitting position as he grabbed his gun off the table. He was running to the door as soon as he finished the close targfets. Some of us middle-agers doubted if we could even physically do that.

My time was 82 pts

20.03sec

4.0939HF

First match, heck, first time I even shot my new Gary Groh built STI .40. Picked it up and the way to the match and shot it. I'll post pics when my daughter has time to help me.

• 6 months later...

Shot this one on Sunday. Slow moving out of the chair, thru the door took the open target on the left first, and on setting up in the barrel ended up shooting left to right also.

open 81 pts. 14.01 sec. HF 5.7816

• 5 months later...

According to the Ohio USPSA classifier calculator this has been removed from the list by USPSA. We just shot it at our match today (6-12-2005), so curious if that's in fact true.

Also I shot it in Open today 5.1355 HF anybody got a percentage on that?

According to the Ohio USPSA classifier calculator this has been removed from the list by USPSA.  We just shot it at our match today (6-12-2005), so curious if that's in fact true.

NOT TRUE.

Try again (I think you choose CM03-01, instead of CM99-43).

• 4 months later...

M'kay Riddle me this BAtman.

I read through the stage description and you have to shoot through the doorway, so that's solved.

But when I went to check hit factors, on the OJIO USPSA website, this one has a slightly higher hf listed for Limited than it does for Open . .06hf pts, so I don't get this post edited for me. But still it's strange.

What gives?

• 6 months later...

Shot this a second time yesterday 80 points, 13.23 seconds HF 6.0469 which is 84.0839% my hightest classifier ever. My grip safety didn't engage when I first picked up the gun, so I shot the second and third arrays quicker than I usually would have because I was annoyed.

My current open classification is 69.45%, by my math with this classifier I should get to 73.something percent. Is it likely USPSA will toss this one because it's so much higher than my current classification?