USPSA Member Numbers

Big_Steve

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
You cal also tell how long a person has been a member by the number,

like mine A-793, been around almost as long as black powder.

Gene

Not always though. I was upgraded to Life as a gift from my father a long time ago and he requested a my number be the year of my birth. Otherwise, it probably would've been in the 500s or 600s.

What are life membership numbers up to now?

What happens to the numbers when someone does not renew their membership? Can you get an old number back?

I got my number (A6063) back in 1987 but I only shot for 3 years. I didn't shoot again for 17 years after that but when I did renew my membership, I got the same number back.

What happens to the numbers when someone does not renew their membership? Can you get an old number back?

Member numbers are not re-issued - HQ will give you back you old member number if you let them know you are a returning former member when you sign up.

• 1 year later...

The complete list:

• A - Annual
  • B - Benefactor
  • CA - Charter Annual
  • CAL - Charter Annual Life - CA members who have converted to Life members. This allows CA members to upgrade to life without losing a "super cool" member number
  • CL - Charter Life
  • F - Foreign
  • FL - Foreign Life
  • FY - Five Year
  • FYF - Five Year Foreign
  • HCL - Honorary Chairman Life, issued to Colonel Jeff Cooper
  • L - Life
  • RD - Regional Director - USPSA President the get an RD number and get to keep it for the remainder of their life membership.
  • S - Sponsor - Not sure of the details - there is one member with an "S" number
  • TY - Three Year
  • TYF - Three Year Foreign

Is there any recognized format/length for my USPSA number - e.g. it both 'FL 1234' and 'FL1234' allowed and the same or. What is the current max length of digits in any category - does anyone carry a 6 or 7 digit USPSA number yet?

/ Jens

There is also a membership called "Associate"

You still get the same letter in front of the number as you would with any other membership you choose, but the price is less.

An "associate" member is a person who lives in the same household with a regular member.

For example an Annual costs $40.00. The Associate costs $30.00 but you get only 1 Front Sight Magazine sent to the household and it's in the Annual members' name.

It's great for a husband and wife or a father/son...

• 6 months later...

There is also a membership called "Associate"

You still get the same letter in front of the number as you would with any other membership you choose, but the price is less.

An "associate" member is a person who lives in the same household with a regular member.

For example an Annual costs $40.00. The Associate costs $30.00 but you get only 1 Front Sight Magazine sent to the household and it's in the Annual members' name.

It's great for a husband and wife or a father/son...

To me, it's worth the $10 for my son and I to each get our own copy of Front Sight.

• 2 months later...

Just recently transitioned from A62342 to L3287. Thought I would take advantage of the price drop since I just hit the double nickel (55).

Question is how does the transition work when doing a lookup? All my classifiers are still under A62342 and L3287 brings up "member number not found."

Just recently transitioned from A62342 to L3287. Thought I would take advantage of the price drop since I just hit the double nickel (55).

Question is how does the transition work when doing a lookup? All my classifiers are still under A62342 and L3287 brings up "member number not found."

It will be under both very soon.

Will it show up in the right place if a club uses the old number?

I ask because it'll take 6 months for the guys in Hobbs to get Terry's number right, even if he writes it on his score sheet and sign-up sheet, they'll pull the old number up out of their database.

:P

It will be under both very soon.

Will it show up in the right place if a club uses the old number?

I ask because it'll take 6 months for the guys in Hobbs to get Terry's number right, even if he writes it on his score sheet and sign-up sheet, they'll pull the old number up out of their database.

The way my last few classifiers have gone I'd be OK with that. :huh:

• 3 months later...

Tell him to put something like "I have a new number" next to the name on the papers. The stats guy's probably not going to be checking the number to verify that it is still the same as last time.

• 1 year later...

This weekend I Shot my first match in 22 years. After the first two stages I asked if I could join back into USPSA!

So I just rejoined USPSA after a 22/23 year "retirement". Match director and membership couldnt locate my old number but I found on an old score sheet with it as A4616 I didnt think renewing with a new number was a big deal until I saw this post, now I want my old number back! Wish me luck as the form gets sent in this week with my old number~!

And thanks to them for trying to locate it, might have found a few relatives I didnt know about! :o

It was fun reading the match results from 1987 Miller/Northeast Invitational, some big names early in their career

• 3 months later...

Tell him to put something like "I have a new number" next to the name on the papers. The stats guy's probably not going to be checking the number to verify that it is still the same as last time.

Sometimes they do. I was told I had the wrong number down. The argument only cooled off a little bit when I retrieved my card and showed them I had the correct number.

• 1 year later...