Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Illinois Sectional

Im trying to find out how the turnout is going so far for this match. I am registered for it to shoot on the 29th but I have not seen or heard any more info about it. It will be a 400 mile round trip for me so If you have any more info or if you are going give a hollar.

Thanks

:cheers: I will be attending and driving alone as it appears right now..... :closedeyes: I think I will just drive in the night before the match- shoot- and head back home. I am looking at about at 500 mile round trip. :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...

Derek,

There is a mall in nearby Peoria, IL. It's not huge by any means but could fill up a couple of hours depending on what type of shoppers your 'girls' are like. And, what you think is a big mall.

You should be able to search the internet for the peoria attractions. The actual match is just a few miles up the road in Chilicothe (Chili as it's known to many).

The town is large enough to plenty for them to do for 8 hours.

See you on Sunday. :cheers:

Had a blast. Pretty good match. Fun stages and lotsa friends. :cheers:

Shootin' the stage in the basement of the club house was interesting. You know everyone says "My load has no muzzle flash and no smoke" I seen some loads you could fog a fog a house with and others you light cigars with. A fun stage never the less. I can say night sights helped.

I really liked stage 3, a 28 rounder that you only moved 8 feet or less. Stage 6 was another favorite, a 32 rounder that you shoot most of it on the move ( @20 yds).

Thanks to all the RO's and setup crew that made this match possible.

Shootin' the stage in the basement of the club house was interesting. You know everyone says "My load has no muzzle flash and no smoke" I seen some loads you could fog a fog a house with and others you light cigars with. A fun stage never the less. I can say night sights helped.

I really liked stage 3, a 28 rounder that you only moved 8 feet or less. Stage 6 was another favorite, a 32 rounder that you shoot most of it on the move ( @20 yds).

What squad were you?

JT

+1

I'd add stage Stage 7 to the list. A quicky but a goodie. I would have gotten rid of the little barrels in the fault lines that most of us ran outside the fault lines to avoid anyway. They didn't add to the shooting challenge.

are the results posted anywhere?

Hello Thomas. I've been looking, but don't see anything. If someone has them please post here. I have an email in to Tuna, but I don't know when he will reply. He told me he and computers don't get along well. :)

Were you there Thomas?