Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 times the fun 3 gun diary

Chris Conley

I have the Kentucky State Multigun and the Indiana State Handgun coming up in the next couple of weeks. I look forward to performing at my best.

+1 with a little more to me than you :goof:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hectic work schedule is breaking me down. I started getting up this week at 0330 so I can do about 45 min of dryfire with the pistol and shotgun. I find that when I get home I'm just too tired to focus on anything. My draw for a Kydex DOH is no different now thatn from the Safariland that I used to use. This morning my shotgun reload were as smooth as I have ever done. Instead of loading four I went to loading eight. You need a little more pressure on the thumb to get the last to in. All morning they were great.

I haven't worked out for the past two days. But now that the big shutdown is over I should be able to get a lunch today. I'm ready to get the batteries recharged on Monday. That's my next day off. I think that I'll go to the range for some rifle practice.

Chris C.

I'll be glad to get this weekend off. I need it. I have ran 4 miles everyday this week and working out in the gym at work every night. Mostly lifting weights but in between sets I sprint on the treadmill for 30 seconds. Good cardio plus some strength training too. So I guess you can say that I'm doing 2 a days now.

My focus is really shot right now. I was so tired today that it seemed that I couldn't get anything right during shotgun loading and some airsoft drills. For every miss or blown reload I have to do one pull up. I started doing that because I'm having trouble slowing down to see the sights. I guess it's called punishment. I still owe myself 22 pullups when I get home int he morning. Did some reloads with the rifle using a mag cinch and let's just say that need some work.

I banged out 2 in a row loading 8 shells in 7 seconds while moving. I really need to get some Progressive Arms shotshell holders. The junk ones that I have now are slowing me down. I have a birthday coming up maybe I'll tell my wife I would like to have 4 of them.

Thinking about shooting Bardstown this weekend if I don't go to the lake. It would be alot more fun but I have to balance things out with the family.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I have been training my ass off all week. Dryfire 30-45 min in the morning and do it again when I get home from work. When I get home tonight I'll work on my rifle index and mag changes.

I feel stonger than I ever have. Weights on the days that I work and Crossfit on my off days. I'm ready to shoot the KY State Multigun on Friday. Better clean my shotgun tonight.

Chris C.

I have been training my ass off all week. Dryfire 30-45 min in the morning and do it again when I get home from work. When I get home tonight I'll work on my rifle index and mag changes.

I feel stonger than I ever have. Weights on the days that I work and Crossfit on my off days. I'm ready to shoot the KY State Multigun on Friday. Better clean my shotgun tonight.

Chris C.

Your suppose to clean the shotgun? :blink:

Did some of that last night. Wiped down the barrel and ran a boresnake thru it. It only took a couple of minutes. :rolleyes: . No really, cleaned it it pretty good. I'll see you tomorrow.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 4 weeks later...

Been almost a month since posting here. Been super busy lately. I had two lack luster performances at Kentucky Multigun and Indiana State. Just too much going on to focus on the match. First crack at being assistant match director at the Kentucky match and first time being CRO for a stage at Indiana State. I had my worries. I shot some stages good and some that were well let's just say not so good. I guess if I'm going to work some of these matches I need to learn how to put all that stuff out of my head and focus on the shooting. Lesson learned.

Crossfit training is going well. I started back a couple of weeks ago and I will not branch off and do any other type of physical training any more. I have been pretty sore almost everyday but that can be expected. That will go away by next week.

Still dryfiring about 5 days a week. I was up this morning @ 0400 to get in about 30 min before work. Hopefully I didn't wake up Steel1212. He was crashed out on the couch. I'm starting to really hate my job lately. I have only shot 2 pistol matches this year because of work. With KAPS closing down I don't have much to choose from. Maybe I'll have to start going to Nashville and pick up some matches there. The drive isn't too bad.

I think for the rest of the year I am just going to practice pistol and let the shotgun and rifle fall where the may.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

You didn't wake me but the smell of cheesecake blue berry muffins did...mmmmm!

Damn, I didn't even get one of those. At least there are some left over. Great having you stay at the estate.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

I'm off 200 days a year

I want your job. :)

The money ain't bad but you also have to contend with the 150+ degree heat in the summer. That's what gets you down.

Chris C.

It don't get up to 150 degrees in KY. So what is this job you have for yourself? I too may want to try it out. :ph34r:

I'm off 200 days a year

I want your job. :)

The money ain't bad but you also have to contend with the 150+ degree heat in the summer. That's what gets you down.

Chris C.

It don't get up to 150 degrees in KY. So what is this job you have for yourself? I too may want to try it out. :ph34r:

I run a tissue machine. It has 2 gas hoods @ 750-800 degrees and a Yankee steam dryer. If you have to go in the open draw the heat coming out of the hoods above you makes it around 170. Machine floor was a cool 110-120 today after the rain today.

12-14 hour shifts. On the annual down you work 12-13 days in a row. That's how we get so much time off.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Doing the usual dryfire stuff in the garage. No airsoft lately but I'll pick up on the this weekend. I'll get up early in the morning and do crossfit and then airsoft in the back yard before it gets too hot.

Practiced unloaded table starts for 30 min. I felt like I was slow and it needed some work. I noticed some things that could save some time. Par time was set to 1.5 seconds then I dropped it to 1.4 and could hit the pretty consistantly. I'm not sure if that is gamey or not. I still fell like it should be sped up a bit.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Doing the usual dryfire stuff in the garage. No airsoft lately but I'll pick up on the this weekend. I'll get up early in the morning and do crossfit and then airsoft in the back yard before it gets too hot.

Practiced unloaded table starts for 30 min. I felt like I was slow and it needed some work. I noticed some things that could save some time. Par time was set to 1.5 seconds then I dropped it to 1.4 and could hit the pretty consistantly. I'm not sure if that is gamey or not. I still fell like it should be sped up a bit.

Chris C.

Have you tried it with the mag pointing at the magwell? You just slap the mag in on the table and rack as your coming up? I seem to do it better with the mag sitting on its back and the gun set up for a right handed shooter to grab it. I grab and slap in the mag and rack.

• 4 weeks later...

Been awhile since posting here. Been doing some reflection and this has not been a good year. I have shot only 2 pistol matches and 3 multigun matches all year. I just haven't had the time, or gas money to drive any great distance to do any shooting. Seems anytime I do get a chance to shoot anything local I have to work. I have only shot one local club match and that was in April. It's really been hard to keep the fire burning inside me knowing that you can't attend a match in the near future. My next match is DPMS in August. I wish I was leaving tomorrow. I want to shoot. :angry2:

I'm still training hard. I can see a huge difference in my transition speed. I have also been following Jake's blog and doing the dryfire WOD that he recommends. It keeps thing different and I was tired of the normal routine. Crossfit is really tuff this time of year. I was off for 2 weeks and did everything outside. The heat will really kick your ass. All the better. The next match I get a crack at everyone will be wilting but it won't bother me.

I'll keep plugging away.......

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

• 3 weeks later...
hellooooooooooooo

echoooooooo

echoooooooo

I hear ya Corey. I've been around, just busy as hell. :yawn: I've been keeping my diary on a blog site. It's alot easier to keep track of stuff. Video and pictures download alot easier also. I was going to try and make up to Bluegrass last weekend but as usual I got called into work for LO/TO stuff. Be cool brother!

Chris C.