Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-11

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot this at a local points match. This is only the 2nd time I have shot this classifier in the 2+ years I've been involved in USPSA shooting.

Limited division:

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Steve Zerwas 28 M Limited 57 0 5.6800 10.0352 60.0000 100.00

Ohio Classifier puts this at 92.XXX%

It didn't feel that quick to me. <_<

I was suprized at the national percentage.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't shot this one in years (literally) and back then it was with an Open gun. Shot it for the first time today with my Limited gun.

5.89 Sec, 60 points, hit factor 10.1867. The Ohio calc puts it at 94.3108%. It was one of those "man, I feel like I'm shooting SO slow" runs. No complaints coming off a ten year layoff :)

4.78 down 5 in limited at yesterday's match. Should be 100%.

I had to try really hard not to shoot it faster, but I wanted to shoot it really clean and smooth. Also the first time shooting with my belt setup for IPSC Standard.

• 2 months later...

Over the last 3 years I have shot El Presidente 9 times. My last three El-Pres's have all been in the high 5's (time-wise) but my best run to date was last weekend at the Summer Blast.

59 points in 5.76 seconds. for a 10.24 HF (roughly a 86%)

Probably could have shot a little looser / a little faster .... but I was happy with what I got. Now that I know what I can do in a match, it's time to crank it up a notch. ;)

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I shot this classifier last week. Felt really good, almost like I was in slow motion.

Limited 58pts. 8.18 secs. HF 7.0905 65.6455% according to Ohio classifier tool.

I am currenty a C-class Limited about 44%, so this will help bring it up a little.

Also this was my first B-level classifier score. :cheers:

Edited by dawulf

We shot this one yesterday at CAPS. If there was any doubt of Francisco making B-class with his last score from "Tight Squeeze" it has vanished. The little guy posted a HF for El Presidente of 8.0916. According to the Ohio Calculator that's a 74.9139 national percentage. The little sucker almost shot an A-class percentage there! :D

We shot this one yesterday at CAPS. If there was any doubt of Francisco making B-class with his last score from "Tight Squeeze" it has vanished. The little guy posted a HF for El Presidente of 8.0916. According to the Ohio Calculator that's a 74.9139 national percentage. The little sucker almost shot an A-class percentage there! :D

Congrats to Francisco and a proud father!!!

Way to go Nemo & Nemo junior! :cheers:

Now that I know what I can do in a match, it's time to crank it up a notch. wink.gif

Well ... not exactly cranking it up today, but I did get to shoot El Pres. as my very first Single-Stack classifier ever (used my new STI Spartan with S&A magwell) and got a 8.1481 HF. :cheers:

I don't know which set of classifications to use as a comparison, so I just went with L-10 and it roughly translates into a 75%. Kinda neat to have my very first SS classification start with El Presidente. B)

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Congrat to the kid Nemo. ;) How old is he?

JT,

Fran is 14.

:D

JT,

Fran is 14.

:D

Whoops. :excl: Well, send Fran a big congrats from me. ;)

I shot this one a couple matches ago in 6.0 I think down 7 in limited . Pretty good considering in april I shot it 2 seconds slower lol. Had a nice little group of 3 C right below the A zone on the right target DOH!

Edited by steel1212

• 4 weeks later...
I shot this one a couple matches ago in 6.0 I think down 7 in limited . Pretty good considering in april I shot it 2 seconds slower lol. Had a nice little group of 3 C right below the A zone on the right target DOH!

I haven't shot this one in some time and set it up tonight for a little practice. I shot a comfy 5.2-5.3 down 2-4. I pushed it up to see what I could do and ran 4.66, but had a mike. All the rest of the hits were there, but the mike is a killer. My average was just in the M zone with a couple of As thrown in. It's just not the same when it's practice eh?

STILL need work on the reloads... average was around 1.3 with a couple blown at that pace. 1.4-1.5 are solid, but that is SLOW! If I work on those I should be in a solid 4.8 area with no more hurry in shooting. I guess it's time to work some reloads. I'll do 20mins of them tomorrow and every other day until I can stick them from 1.0-1.2. Let's see, I'm 44 now, so I should make it by the time I hit 50. :P I wish I would have started this earlier. I would have liked to see what I could do when I was fast. Draw to first shot is a pretty solid 1.2-1.3.

WOW!! nice shooting.

JThompson, a sub 6.00 El Prez "for real" ain't too shabby. The classifier that put me over the top into master was a 5.79. I remember it like it was yesterday. :rolleyes:

WOW!! nice shooting.

JThompson, a sub 6.00 El Prez "for real" ain't too shabby. The classifier that put me over the top into master was a 5.79. I remember it like it was yesterday. :rolleyes:

Well, I'll let ya know when I stick one in a real match. ;)

• 1 month later...

I shot this in practice today after dry firing it alot.

4.88 sec

55 points

1 extra shot :(

11.27 without the penalty

9.22 with the penalty

anyone know what this would be at with and without the extra shot? Ohio calculator seems to be down or gone

Edited by Supermoto

I shot this in practice today after dry firing it alot.

4.88 sec

55 points

1 extra shot :(

11.27 without the penalty

9.22 with the penalty

anyone know what this would be at with and without the extra shot? Ohio calculator seems to be down or gone

Here's the new link for the calculator.

http://georgetownclassmates.com/~nick/calculator_scripts/