CM 99-11

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Limited

57 pts 5.01 sec =11.3772 HF

Left to right both times, 1.35 draw 1.13 reload, nice and relaxed.

I would love to do this 60 points exactly 5.0 seconds. If I shoot faster than that my hits go to hell. I think this is a good one for self controll, especially with the turning draw, that tends to get me amped up.

Limited

57 pts 5.01 sec =11.3772 HF

Left to right both times, 1.35 draw 1.13 reload, nice and relaxed.

I would love to do this 60 points exactly 5.0 seconds. If I shoot faster than that my hits go to hell. I think this is a good one for self controll, especially with the turning draw, that tends to get me amped up.

great job! 100%

The IPSC classifier (CLC-17) version of El Prez uses Classic targets and requires your heels at the other end of the box. It made the turn more difficult. At the Columbus Cup, 5.88 with 3 C and 1 D was good enough for a third place medal in Standard.

• 2 months later...

I shot this while practicing tonight. I ran a bunch of high 4's with c's and d's but the 3rd run was 4.24 with 3 C's. Its amazing what you can do when there's no pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot this today in Malibar my second open classifier ever.

1 Stanley, Eric 15 A Open 55 0 4.90 11.2245 60.0000 100.00% 94.48%

2 Batista, Ron 1 B Limited 54 0 5.33 10.1313 54.1564 90.26% 93.78%

I put the national %'s in red. I hit about 1.35 T&D ad a 1.25 load. I'm still having trouble seeing the dot (not finding it, just SEEING it) but I am having fun, and I'll take 'm' scores with a new gun / division any time.

My buddy Ron proved he may be a contender for sandbagger of the year, with his recent Area 3 "B" class win he ripped off a very easy looking NEAR GM SCORE!!!

It's crazy, I'm shooting mid 90 classifiers with a new gun in a new division and no practice for three months, which is better than when I was last shooting Limited classifiers WITH practice. :blink:

How is this going to reinforce the work ethic of a consistent practice regimine?? :wacko:

OK so I did knock down a 4.23 EL PREZ afterwards with the stadard gear (1.15 T&D / 1.04 load) but let's just say the hits were....."questionable"(Like where are they??) :P . yup, still not a chance of seeing irons. <_<

I'll be home stateside for a job change in Sept. then I'll get back into the routine. Either my eyes fix themselves or they get fixed!!! I'll chase SmittyFL one weekend with the Limited gun, PaulW with the dot gun the next.

To paraphrase the 70's T-shirt; "patience my ass, I want my G cards." :angry:

I had the pleasure to shoot with Eric, AKA Dirtypool yesterday. Great guy, thanks for letting me tag along with ya! :D

It was my first ever try at the El Prez, I had not even run it in a practice session.

I was 4 down in 7.06 seconds for a national average of 70.8134%

Not bad for a lowly, newbie "C" Class shooter.

I was VERY humbled by watching Eric's reloads, man do I need to practice a LOT more and more often. It was a thing of beauty, he is back on target BEFORE the spent mag hits the ground!!!! :o

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I shot this Sunday for the first time. 3.5 years as a USPSA member, and this is the first time I've seen it at a match.

Production

7 seconds, down 14 points. Should be good enough to kick out one of the two remaining 50-odd percent classifiers contributing to my low B classification.

thanks for replying. What do think this would rank me at? high "C", or low "B"?

Well, you need a minimum of 4 classifiers to get your first average, and therefore your first classification. Then it won't get figured again until you have 8 classifiers on record, and they average your best 6. After that, its the best 6 out of the most recent 8.

For just one so far, its in the B range.

GM = 95-100 percent

M = 85-95 percent

A = 75-85 percent

B = 60-75 percent

C = 40-60 percent

D = 0-40 percent