Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-11

Pretty sporty time, with great hits! Nice job Blaster113! :cheers:

Been working on this one as a practice drill here lately, and depending on your class level, anything at or below 7 seconds with GREAT HITS (meaning 55~60 pts.) is fantastic!

I too have been playing with this in Iron sights lately. Production here recently, and my best time so far is 5.02. At that speed the splits are where all the fun is, but the draw and reload are where you make your money back! I'd like to see the time slightly under 5 sec., but then the hits suffer greatly (dropping 5-6 Deltas and even a potential Mike). 40 Points on a 60 pt. Classifier is NOT the way to do it! ;)

Shooting it SOLID like Blaster113 with a slightly slower time (like 6.0~7.5) actually scores a much higher HF!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments :D Guess all that dry firing I was doing leading up to the match worked on this stage. almost shit myself when I ran the numbers in the classifier calculator. that, and it definitely didnt hurt that it was my last stage of the match when I was already nice and warmed up haha.

• 2 months later...

Wow, hard to believe it was 10 years ago when I re-started this thread with an ignorant comment like, "Shot it today Open with a not spectacular but solid HF of 11.1111". If I could do an 11 hit factor today without relying on luck and hosing, I would be delighted.

Anyhow, after the last match some of the guys were shooting the El Pres in warp drive just for kicks. I jumped into the fray with my open blaster and churned out 52 points in 4.38 seconds for a HF of 11.8721. That would be 99.9%. Looks like 100% isn't going to happen in this lifetime. Oddly enough, less than 1/3 of the time was on the trigger with the balance going into my sloth like reload and draw (some things never change). If nothing else, all those .12-.14 splits and transitions really sound cool.

Shooting Open, 5.58 down 2 at a club match, 10.37 HF which is 87% or so nationally.

I sucked the time up in my T/D and also in my reload. That is where the money is made on this classic.

Man I saw it all!!

Edited by Chris iliff

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I also shot this Sunday. To my recollection, this was the first time I had shot this classifier.

Points Penalty Time Hit Factor

54 0 5.58 9.6774

Looks like 94.3% for Production.

With this and an 88% that should be on the next classification run I should finally get the bump to master. 2 yrs and 5 months to go from C class to M. Long process full of small steps.

Edited by blueorb

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday, I thought I hundo'ed El Presidente (Production) with 4.51s, 54 points = 11.97 HF :goof:

Then I realized that it's supposed to be shot at 10 yards, not 7

Okay, I ran it a few times today for realsies at 10 yards. Production with my M&P Pro.

5.86s 54 9.21HF 89.76%

5.37s 54 10.01HF 97.55%

5.86s 58 9.90HF 96.48%

My first-ever GM classifier scores!

Edited by FTDMFR

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really new to USPSA, but not at all new to shooting and shooting sports. Shot 2 new bests today with a 4.32 60pts, and a 4.24 58pts, both with a junker Open Glock I built at home. I was fairly confident I could break into the 3's if I really yanked the gun around, and the one chance I had I accidentally load 4 rounds instead of 5 in the second mag as I was finishing my practice. Shot a 3.67 without firing the 12th shot. :angry2: I had another one that may have been in the 3's but I fumbled the reload at 1.70 for a total of 4.56 60pts.

Believe it or not, prior to practicing for USPSA I had never fired a pistol inside 10-15 yards. And we're talking hundreds of thousands of rounds. lol

• 1 year later...

First time I've ever shot this, and it was my third match and second classifier. (first classifier CM 03-09 was 35.239%)

HF= 6.1881

50 points

8.08 seconds

I know that I spun around slower than I could have and had a half second lost (guessing) because my gun got stuck in the holster so I'm guessing that at a minimum I should be able to shave a second off with just a clean turn and draw. I don't have a local range to practice this drill on with live fire and don't even have an area 10 yards long to dry fire on.

So to practice this drill, would one get some 1/3rd size targets and paste them to walls? Every match I've shot at has had at least one stage with an uprange start so I can't see any downside at this point to practicing this dry fire.

Shot this one on Sunday in PCC.  

54 Points - 5.19 seconds.

87.5%

Probably could have cut out about .2 second on my mount and maybe another .2 over my first 6 shots.  Anything more than that and I would probably just be slinging lead wildly. Reload was actually on point for me on this one.  Also might have been able to slow down just a tad and ensure 58-60 points and been a better percent...

Edited by GorillaTactical

• 1 month later...

Shot this today. I was second in today's local match, but an average classifier.

Classifier - El Presidente (99-11)

Gun - CK Arms Hardcore 9 Major

Classification - B

Time - 7.27

Points - 56

Hit Factor - 7.7029

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...