Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

July 2007 (Action-Adventure "Guy Flicks")

Okay, at this point obviously ken hebert Wins a Book since, with 10 correct, no one can catch him. Just PM benos with your address and he'll get it to you.

The only answers still up for grabs, for the completists among you, are the Bonus Points for #s 1, 3 and 6.

I thought this one would go rather fast, and it did. That's what happens when you limit the quotes to movies that most manly men have actually seen, I guess. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

For the legions of people who were wondering, here are all the answers to the July 2007 Win a Book contest:

1. You got a .44 Magnum?

It's an expensive weapon.

That's all right. I got money.

It's a real monster. It'll stop a car at a hundred yards. Put a round right through the engine block. There ya go. It's a premium, high-resale weapon. Look at that. Look at that, that's a beauty.

ANSWER: Robert De Niro & Steven Prince, Taxi Driver, 1976.

BONUS POINT: How much does the main character pay, total, for everything he buys from the illegal gun salesman?

ANSWER: $915. ($350 for the S&W M29 .44 Magnum, $250 for the S&W M36 .38 snubbie, $125 for the Colt .25, $150 for the Walther .380, $40 for a shoulder holster for the Magnum.)

2. Why are you pushing me?

What did you say?

I said, "Why are you pushing me?" I haven't done anything to you.

First of all, you don't ask the questions around here, I do. You understand? Secondly, we don't want guys like you in this town. Drifters. First thing you know, we got a whole bunch of guys like you in this town. That's why. Besides, you wouldn't like it here. It's a quiet little town. In fact, you might say it's boring. But that's the way we like it.

ANSWER: Sylvester Stallone & Brian Dennehy, First Blood, 1982.

BONUS POINT: Name the actor who says, "I knew there was something about that guy!"

ANSWER: David Caruso.

3. "Okay, who gets the Burly Beef?"

ANSWER: Linda Hamilton, The Terminator, 1984.

BONUS POINT: The actress who plays the main female character was not available for the very last shot in this film. Name her stand-in.

ANSWER: Leslie Hamilton, Linda's twin sister.

4. Now, I got no fight with any man does what he's told. But when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that. In any of ya. Not one.

ANSWER: Tom Berenger, Platoon, 1986.

BONUS POINT: With what weapon is this character killed?

ANSWER: An AK-47.

5. I wonder who that tall drink of water is.

My dear, you have set your gaze upon the quintessential frontier type. Note the lean silhouette, eyes closed by the sun though sharp as a hawk. He's got the look of both predator -- and prey.

I want one.

ANSWER: Dana Delany & Billy Zane, Tombstone, 1993.

BONUS POINT: Don't I always take care of ya? Nobody cares for you like me. I'm a good woman.

Yes, it's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be...." Give the next two words.

ANSWER: "the Antichrist."

6. All of these things you see here are toys. At the end of the day, when you're all alone in the dark, the only thing that counts is this: the Law. And you will be alone when you swear to uphold these ideals. For most of us there's only death in the streets. For the few of us that survive to old age, the proud loneliness of The Long Walk.

ANSWER: Sylvester Stallone, Judge Dredd, 1995.

BONUS POINT: What is the name of the villain's bodyguard?

ANSWER: The ABC Warrior.

7. "Whatever it takes"? I'm so tired of that bullshit. "Whatever it takes" is something that happens to somebody else.

Yeah, well, y'know, he's still the best cop I've ever known, okay?

You need to get out more.

ANSWER: Brandon Lee & Kate Hodge, Rapid Fire, 1995.

BONUS POINT: Fill in the blank. "The only time a man doesn't want any blank is when he wants somethin' else."

ANSWER: Money.

8. Good morning, sir! How are you this morning?

Mr. Targgart, would you come with me please.

You want to go have a little coffee together?

I'm not here to socialize. I saw you beat up five men, I hear that Cotton is beat almost to death. People get hurt, you're always around, assault and battery, I figure it's good for a 10-day lockup.

Listen, why don't we cut the shit. You know who I am, I can arrest you just as easy as you can arrest me. And you know it. So, why don't you get back in Orin's car, with Orin's little department, and take off. Let's face it, I don't believe in your authority.

ANSWER: Ed Bruce & Steven Seagal, Fire Down Below, 1997.

BONUS POINT: What product does the main female character sell through the local country store?

ANSWER: Honey.

9. Listen, smartmouth, in this family we do not solve our problems by hitting people!

No, in this family we shoot them.

ANSWER: Viggo Mortensen & Ashton Holmes, A History of Violence, 2005.

BONUS POINT: What caliber is the first gun the main character fires in this movie?

ANSWER: .45.

10. You lost both your parents.

That's a polite way of putting it, yeah. Mom was raped and shot, and Dad was decapitated and hung from a hook in the barn. I was nine. Boo-hoo, right?

ANSWER: Jennifer Connelly & Leonardo DiCaprio, Blood Diamond, 2006.

BONUS POINT: When the main character asks for "something special" in a handgun, what does he get?

ANSWER: An HK USP.