Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People driving with dogs in their lap

G-ManBart

It really ticks me off when I see people driving with a dog in their lap. Aside from the obvious issue of not being able to control the vehicle properly it's dangerous for the dog. If these idiots get in even a minor fender bender and the airbag activates, it's so long Fido....and these are the people that talk about how much they love their dog? I saw this, again, today while I was getting gas. A pretty small woman was driving a huge SUV with Fido in her lap. She was having trouble getting around another car to get to an open pump...there's no chance she's avoiding any kind of accident if she can't even go around a car at 2mph :angry2:

I'm with you on this. They endanger other drivers and they most certainly danger the dogs. I saw one lady with two little pooches sitting between her and the drivers door. How is she going to react to any situation that may need her to swerve or do something other than daydream as she drives.

These are probably the same people that bitch about people driving when talking on the cell phone. I wish the cops would pull these people over and give them a ticket for inattentive driving and cruelty to animals.

I used to see a woman driving in our old neighborhood with a BABY in her lap!! In a VOLVO!!!! Mentioned it to a cop friend who said they'd be

on the lookout for her, but I don't know what ever came of it. She probably thought she was OK being in such a "safe" car, but don't get me started

on the idiotic things I've seen done in them.

2 weeks ago I was stopped at a red light, when a woman(with dog on lap) sped through the light, hitting some poor teenager that was turning left. Brake lights never came on, but I did see Fido hit the passenger side windshield (as if thrown). The teenager was OK but her car was totaled, the idiot lady was trapped in her car for ten minutes screaming about her dog. When the FD showed up a guy next to me said they should set her on fire and clean the gene pool. :surprise:

My idiot roommate and also the one before that, both had flung their dog off the back of their trucks. Of course, they weren't paying attention when that has happenend and had to be flagged down by the person driving behind them. One of them did it twice with two different dogs. I did mention they were idiots.

Seen a lot of dogs riding around here in the passenger seat..... Most are seat belted but a lot also need a muzzle. B)

Strange.....

I had no idea my last wife had moved to Texas.

Bwahaha!!! And now we know...the rest of the story :)

My idiot roommate and also the one before that, both had flung their dog off the back of their trucks. Of course, they weren't paying attention when that has happenend and had to be flagged down by the person driving behind them. One of them did it twice with two different dogs. I did mention they were idiots.

How can you be so oblivious to NOT KNOW you just lost your pooch out of the back of your truck ? :huh: Duh ........... woops!

In graduate school my roomie was an animal control officer. I volunteered at the dog pound for two years. The biggest lesson that I learned was that we don't need "animal" control, we need "people" control.

In graduate school my roomie was an animal control officer. I volunteered at the dog pound for two years. The biggest lesson that I learned was that we don't need "animal" control, we need "people" control.

+1