Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MY 6" thread....

dirtypool40

Unlike all my other guns I had almost nothign to do with speccing out the cosmetics, but I gotta say this thing is AWESOME!!!! Still not ready to shoot, but if I hate it, I may just have Venri build me a 5" version. It's the sexiest high cap I've seen in quite a while. More to come

worthless without pics.. :P

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, that part you have to talk to Venri about. I've been beggin and beggin' and there have just been...... delays. :rolleyes:

Jeff Degracia took some pics with his celly today, so I should have them up soon.

Edited by dirtypool40

Here we are, so far it's just a fitted slide and frame, but he's done the cuts on the slide and they are awesome.

The serrations are raised rather than cut in, and the slide is thinned except around the rails, ala Sig.

It's also tri-topped and I love the overall look. If it turns out I don't like the 6" I think I've found the look for my next 5". :cheers:

post-551-1193064979.jpg

post-551-1193064996.jpg

post-551-1193065064.jpg

Edited by dirtypool40

Here we are, so far it's just a fitted slide and frame, but he's done the cuts on the slide and they are awesome.

The serrations are raised rather than cut in, and the slide is thinned except around the rails, ala Sig.

It's also tri-topped and I love the overall look. If it turns out I don't like the 6" I think I've found look for my next 5". :cheers:

DP, I can't wait to see the finished product. I like those cuts.

Where is the front sight cut positioned, it looks like its far back. What gives?

Good catch. If you look closely I think you can just make out that it's actually a screw in bushing. the front sight is cut into the slide, the bushing is over 1/4" thick hanging out off the end. He's going to cut it thin once we have things running, but I thought about that too, am I giving up sight radius? I've even tought about going to a Liebenberg style sight cut in the future, so I unscrew the bushing and the sight just slips out for changing to a different thickness or height. Just a thought, but certainly an option.

Also, finally a gunsmith listened to me about how far back I want the serrations. I rack "overhand" and when I roll the gun to the left to rack, those front serrations hit me just where I want. This location also adds to the long swoopy look I'm after. We're using a lot of parralell lines to lengthen the look. Everything is cut either along the bore axis, or at teh grip angle.

Edited by dirtypool40

No fair... You don't know it, but you fairly well got going there is pretty much what Benny is grinding me out for my next 6" fat free. Tri top, the panel cuts... JEALOUS!!! You'll be getting yours before I get mine!!!

Like you I rack the slide overhand and was looking for serrations in just about that position, but just a little further foreward. I put masking tape on the 6" I shoot now and did some overhand racks and left my hand in position the last time and had my wife mark where my hand was.

At any rate, looks awesome so far.

Did I mention I'm jealous?

While I know I have certain super powers, I did not know I possessed x-ray vision. Did I gain this ability, or can you actually see the barrel through the slide in photos 1 and 3? Is the slide that thin, or am I just getting better as I get older...

Just curious.

-br

good timing.

I just spoke with Venry and he's trying to entice me down to the S FL matches this weekend, saying it will be ready for pick up.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I haven't had a new gun in almost two years, and I am STOKED!!!! :goof:

good timing.

I just spoke with Venry and he's trying to entice me down to the S FL matches this weekend, saying it will be ready for pick up.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I haven't had a new gun in almost two years, and I am STOKED!!!! :goof:

Good luck DP and post some pic once you get it. Don't take as long as the gfriend pics. <_<

good timing.

Good luck DP and post some pic once you get it. Don't take as long as the gfriend pics. <_<

If you want to see a cool 6 inch gun go to this website :http://www.doubletapranch.com/ipsc_home_page.html

go to the 2007 pictures and scroll down to about picture 8 and you will see my 6 inch blaster in action. I mean my ex-6inch blaster!!

good timing.

I just got off the phone with DP

I hope I get kudos for loading for him!!! He was gonna use his 5" load in his new 6" gun :surprise:

Now I am loading 200 .40's for him for Sat. AND 200 .45's for the SS on Sunday.

Geez, how do I get in this??? :unsure: