Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AFTEC Extractor for a Para P-16

jmspain

Aftec does not make a series 80 extractor, so if the firing pin safety is still in place you cannot install an Aftec in a Para. I tried to install an Aftec in my Para (.45) a couple of years ago. It would NOT work properly. After much fiddling and many failures to extract I finally contacted Aftec. They told me that the Para is the reason Aftec does not make a series 80 extractor.  Apparently the location of the extractor tunnel in Para slides is slightly different than the location on other makes. Aftec did tell me that there is considerable variation among Para slides and some might work OK. They also said that Dave Dawson modifies Para slides so that an Aftec extractor will work.

Cheers,

Dittos on what Jon said.  I put an aftec in my 16-40 this spring.  Fitted it myself from the instuctions and used a stock para stop.  I did find a crack in the stop recently, but it had 30,000+ on it so I don't blame the extractor.  As stated before I don't count rounds shot but I would guess 10,000 maybe more.  Zero problems.