Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elite Gold available?

Jeff686

Where's the best chance of getting an Elite Gold, and what's the going price?

Henning, are you a FFL now? Can you get them?

Henning should be back from Missoula anytime. I think he got some gold teams in, I am just not sure what calibers.

leo

EAA has two shipment coming in July. I should have Limited 40's mid July. Gold Team 38's I'm not sure yet. Got a couple of the long slide last month, but we're waiting for the 'PRO' model which is 0.400" shorter slide and a V12.

9mm might be a way to go down the road, but I don't recommend them for open class as of now. Making the 9mm big sticks work is going to be more troublesome than it's worth. 38 super rimless only caliber I recommend as of now. Beven is going to tackle the 9mm big sticks and whenever he's got that taken care of 9mm's will be way to go. But not yet.

I've shot 38 super since 1995 in these guns and when the rimless was introduced mid to late 90's it eliminated any feeding issue and it's just a dream to shoot the gun.

29 + 1 is the current mag capacity in the 171.25mm mags ! 24 + 1 in the 140mm mags.

9mm not ready yet... OK. Any guess when; next week, month, year? I'm not in a hurry, I still need to talk the wife into another gun.

Just out of curiosity, what makes 9mm harder than 38?

When you say 'big stick', I assume you mean the 170mm. Are the 140mm working? Do your base pads and the grams follower/spring fit them? If so, how many rounds?

I still might seriously consider 9mm without the 170mm, if the 140mm are working well. I guess I'm used to Limited-10, and am not put off by not having a big stick for a little while. In fact, I can't think of any recent stages (where I shoot) where 5 extra rounds would have even mattered.

Thanks!!

I have a 9mm. I like it a lot. Made my own big stick. I was only able to use the stock followers to make it run. I did however got the Grams to work. I notice you are from Oregon. Where do you shoot?

9mm not ready yet... OK. Any guess when; next week, month, year? I'm not in a hurry, I still need to talk the wife into another gun.

Just out of curiosity, what makes 9mm harder than 38?

When you say 'big stick', I assume you mean the 170mm. Are the 140mm working? Do your base pads and the grams follower/spring fit them? If so, how many rounds?

I still might seriously consider 9mm without the 170mm, if the 140mm are working well. I guess I'm used to Limited-10, and am not put off by not having a big stick for a little while. In fact, I can't think of any recent stages (where I shoot) where 5 extra rounds would have even mattered.

Thanks!!

Shorter round and rims. The 38sc is rimless and that's the one Henning is talking about.

9 is rimless too, but it is a tapered case where the super/supercomp is straight. Straight cases make spacing in the mag pretty simple where the tapered case really should have the mag tapered too for best results. No one makes a tapered 9mm mag, so getting them to run well enough to put your name on them isn't simple.

I shoot in the valley, mostly at Albany, but sometimes go to Tri-County and Dundee. Do you ever come over the hills to shoot here? Maybe we've met.

I have not yet had the chance to go to Bend, but I'm sure I could talk the wife into it. Maybe in August.

I've been shooting L10, and promised myself to stay with L10 until my eyes needed a red dot. However, there seems to be fewer and fewer L10 shooters, and I'm also beating a bunch of the Limited shooters, so I was considering switching to Limited. Soooo, it seems silly to spend the bucks to switch to limited, then again to open in 5-10 years. If I'm going to get another IPSC gun, I should just go all the way!!

How did you make your big stick? I thought the 170mm from the factory were only recently available. Did you weld your own?

I'm curious if the factory magazine dimensions are the same for 9mm and 38sup. If so, I wonder what make them different, mabye the feed lips, or follower. Henning is getting 24rnds of 38 in 140mm, and 29rnds in 170mm. How many 9mm fit in your big stick?

Tell me about your Witness... you like it? How many ports? Is it easy to make major?