Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.25 trigger job

jbullgpd

As the title says, what polishin compoud do yall recommend, I dont want to use the wrong thing and take metal away. Also anyone use a dremel or stick to the Q-tips in the .25 thread.

I use Flitz, no dremel - but I run my glock triggers around the 3.5lb range.

As the title says, what polishin compoud do yall recommend, I dont want to use the wrong thing and take metal away. Also anyone use a dremel or stick to the Q-tips in the .25 thread.

I use Mothers mag polish, & I put a cotten tip on my dremel.

I use a Dremel,the red goop and polishing wheel that it came with.

DISCLAIMER: More perfectly functioning guns have been destroyed by Dremels than all other killers combined!

800 emory cloth, then Flitz & a Dremel wheel.

More important is that you get every sliding surface, which polish is not a big deal.

You want to carefully polish the flat surface of the striker tab, all around the trigger bar where it pushes the striker tab, and the angled part of the connector - those 3 places you want to be extra careful not to round off any metal.

Then go crazy polishing the nose of the trigger bar - the left side where it rubs the disconnector and the curved surface that rides down the connector angle. Go crazy polishing the tab that pushes up on the FP safety, then polish the heck out of the FP safety plunger [or buy Vanek's]

Polish on right & left, top & bottom of the cruciform arms because they ride on the ejector housing. Polish the entire flat surface of the connector, or buy LWD's connector which is perfect out of the bag. Polish the skinny part of the striker [where the spring cups ride] and then you're done.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For a final finish after I have changed the contour of the parts to my liking, I use Ryobi H White Rouge Buffing Compound (found at Home Dept). I use this along with a dremel felt polishing wheel. This gives my trigger bar a nice mirror finish.