Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stewart Lewis aka HeyQuicksdraw

smokshwn

I don't have any details but there is news that Stewart Lewis has passed away. I was only gifted to be around Stewie a couple of times but I was amazed at how quickly he could make you a great friend. I know I will miss his presence.

Thanks Stewie, Godspeed

Link to original thread Snipershide

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meet Stewie at the shotgun side match at the PSA Shoot Out this year.

He seemed like a real nice guy - very funny.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I *think* I met Stew once. We haggled over a holster from a prize table. I knew him better from here on the forums than from that one all-too-brief visit.

I am so bummed. :(

God Speed, brother.

I'm fortunate to live in the same general area as Stewart --- so I got to see him a few times a year. I've seen most shooters in a variety of moods over the years ---- Stewart's was constantly sunny! He loved coming out to play with us. I didn't know him well ---- I'd say it was more of an acquaintance relationship than a deep friendship, but I'm saddened out of all proportion to how I knew him. The last time I saw him was at the PSA Shootout ----- where he had that huge smile on his face.

This really sucks!

Very sad news for me. Stew shot our match last month at Topton, Pa. I have been on his squad, and he was always fun to be around, even when he had one of those bad days. My condolences to his family and especially to Mark. We will miss him.

Larry Eckert

Topton Action & Practical Shooters

Stew introduced me to this sport, he taught me litterally everything I know about IPSC shooting. I am still in shock to find out. I was planning on squading with him tommorow at Topton. He is one the most magnetic people I have ever known. He loved his wife very much and she loves him a tremendous amount as well. He very much will be missed more then I can explain right now.

I have lost a friend,

Phil

:(

I met Stewart on my sqaud at the Area 8 match a couple of years ago. He was the nicest man you would ever want to meet. We had never met before but by the end of the day I felt like I knew him for years. After that, I teased him relentlessly about how good a life he had because his wife let him come out and play so much. He claimed she kept him around to take care of the house, etc. and rewarded him by letting him come out with us. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of shooting on his squad again but saw him on occasion at other matches and he always said hello. I can say that he was always smiling and made me remember that we get together to shoot not just for the competition but for the comradery we have with each other. I feel absolutely awful for his family and friends. God Bless you Mr. Lewis. I hope to meet up with you again some day.

I first met and shot with Stewart at Area 8 two years ago. It was my first big match and I was very nervous. I did not start well as I forgot to turn on my dot and shot the first 2 targets without it and then nearly broke the 180 as I was running to the left and had to lean back to engage the next array

(all the while trying to turn on my scope). When I got back Stewart took me aside, asked me what was wrong and calmed me down and kept me calm throughout the rest of the match. I was extemely grateful for his help! I have had the pleasure of shooting with Stew since then at a number of matches and always enjoyed his cheerful disposition no matter how he was shooting. I will miss him.

Does anyone have any details about memorial services? I have tried to find out but have not had any luck.

Mike Gottlieb

I met him 4 years ago, and he is literally the only person I have talked to every day for 2 years. Every day. He was the only friend of mine that absolutely never once screwed me over in any way. He did all he could to help me and asked for nothing in return. I've never known someone as stubborn as him...imagine being in pain 24 hours a day and be as competitive and happy as anyone you'll ever meet. He never quit, he lived his life better than anyone I have known. There won't be another like him, and already the world seems a little less bright.

I miss my friend...

I met Stew at the 2004 Ironman in Idaho. One of his first big matches. One of the nicest guys I've ever met and always had a great attitude. Quick story. We were shooting a stage and Stew gets about 3/4 of the way through it. Now keep in mind this is an Ironman stage so he's probably already run 200-250 yds. He picks up his shotgun, fiddles with it, then looks at the RO and yells, "The TSA locked my shotgun!" This was a Remington with the keylock safety and TSA apparently though it would be safer to give that little fella a twist. The RO looks a Stew and asked if he had a key. When Stew said yes, in his car in the parking lot, the RO just looks at him and says, "well times running." Stew completed that stage, which I was still breathing hard 40 minutes later from, after running to his car for his key to unlock his shotgun. I'll never forget after that stage. No complaining. Not upset, just a statement to get a new safety for that gun ASAP. Stew was a great guy and I'll miss him.

Chuck Anderson

Stewart (and Jake Di Vita) stayed at my house last year just before the MGM, enjoyed his company and humor, both Jan and I are very saddend by this news, all thoughts for his family and all his vast amonut of friends, we will miss him,