Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why do all these hi-cap ltd guns jam?

DogmaDog

FWIW Last spring I put up with a number of feed problems with my p-14's after installing new springs . I finally threw a fit....reworked my mags....old springs...new followers....cool.....I then started working on the new hi-tech springs....I worked out a correct length , I replaced my followers with either Dawson modified or Gramms..am using a combination of dawson & gramms pads... guess what....100 % reliable 18 in the mag and 1 in the tube reloads go in fine....life is good....

my biggest problem was too much spring pressure...

Chris,

I shot at Nick's last month, but unfortunately I prolly won't be able to make the 4 gun match there this month.  

I also shot at Gonzales, and at Tangi, and at the St. Bernard indoor range this last weekend.  

I doubt I'll be able to keep shooting EVERY weekend (it would be nice, though, and my girlfriend seems to have this odd trait of encouraging me to go to the range, so who knows).  Anyway, the Gonzales and Tangi range facilities are excellent (both are Sheriff's ranges), and Nick's is pretty good, and a little closer.  Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, thanks for your input, everyone.  I think I'll hold off on the limited blaster, and stick with my single stack, for now.  Maybe learn to reload, and save some money, and get into one of those limited things later.

DD