Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Dad

pmd

It's kinda tough typing this because reality is setting in...

Two weeks ago while on vacation in Spain I got a message from my younger brother to call him at home - he never calls when I am away so I knew something was up. I called and he informed me that my Dad had died in his sleep the morning before - May 26, 2007 at the age of 72.

We laid him to rest at a graveside service which was attended by many of his friends, family and a bunch of his Christian fellows, Pastors, Reverends and Priests (he was big into the religious community...).

The day of the service had been forecasted to shower - but the sun shined bright all day.

The service ended with Military Honors - which was quite moving.

My Dad will be missed.

God Bless.

Paul

Paul.

Sorry to hear about your dad. He will be missed by his loved ones.

No words can describe your pain.

I too lost my dad a while ago.Its almost 2 years now. I miss him alot nowadays.

I can sometimes picture his voice. Dream about him lots.

Hang in there.Be strong for your brother.

Moosa

Sorry for your loss. My Father passed away 8 years ago and I am still not over the loss I feel in my heart. Everyone must continue on, but sometimes it is not easy.

Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you Paul & Buddy. My father is 80 and I worry about things like this allot lately. I dont know how I will take it when that time comes, but I hope as well as you.

My condolences.

My father passed away over two years ago. Not a day passes that I don 't think of him or see something that reminds me of him. My condolences to you and your family.

Jim

Edited by Jim Norman

Thanks for all your condolences, thoughts and prayers.

My condolences to all of you too who have lost loved ones.

Death sucks - but is unavoidable.

The last couple of weeks have encouraged me to start thinking about my own life more ...what's really important...what's not.

We are all here for only a blink of time and we need to make the best of it.

Steve, you hit the nail on the head. We take too much time with other things. Maybe some are important, but not as important as you Dad and other loved ones. You never know when they will be taken away and you will wish you had called and said I love you, more often.

Buddy

Paul and Buddy you and your families are in my thoughts and prayers.

It has been almost 26 years since I lost my dad - electrocuted by a simple power drill. 24 at the time, I was just starting to figure out how great a guy he was.

The last couple years I have been blessed with my son (grandpa died when he was 1, so never knew him) joining me in my shooting journeys. Many times it brings thoughts of the conversations I never got a chance to have with my dad.

So whichever you happen to be at the time...father or son...be there, enjoy it all.

Sherwyn