Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson followers for STI magazines?

joecichlid

I have been toying with the idea of getting one to try out but thought I would ask here for everyones opinion of them first. Good, bad, another way to make a buck? I wouldn't mind getting one but right now all my extra money is going into bullets, powder and primers. I am guilty of the "P" word, practice. Lately I have been doing a lot of strong hand/weak hand practice and it is starting to show. Anyway, let me know what you all think about these followers. Heck, if anyone has one they want to get rid of let me know. lol

Joe W.

when I started shooting Limited about a year ago....I asked one of my shooting buddies (TDean) what the combination was for building magazines....he relayed that Benny Hill said Dawson followers and ISMI springs....so thats what I did. I've built 5 magazines and all of them run great. The only thing I had to do with the Dawson's is sand the sides a bit (the followers are marked .40/.45) to get them to fit in my STI 40 tubes.

Benny set up my first STI magazines, with Dawson followers and ISMI springs. They are still running 100% today. I put them in most of the magazines I tune too. They work great. The ISMI springs last longer for me than anything else too, and do it by a good bit.

STI tubes, Dawson or Grams +1 base pads, Dawson followers & IMSI springs. Thats what comes out of Bennys shop. They are not the super sexy 20 rd tuned mags that every one touts, they are just mags that work, every time for a long time. I bet mine have not been touched( except for cleaning) for a year and a half. You do have to touch up and smooth the followers just a little bit sometimes when you first get them, but not always. Just a little touch with about 400 grit sand paper will do it.----------------Larry

STI tubes, Dawson or Grams +1 base pads, Dawson followers & IMSI springs. Thats what comes out of Bennys shop. They are not the super sexy 20 rd tuned mags that every one touts, they are just mags that work, every time for a long time. I bet mine have not been touched( except for cleaning) for a year and a half. You do have to touch up and smooth the followers just a little bit sometimes when you first get them, but not always. Just a little touch with about 400 grit sand paper will do it.----------------Larry

What? NO SEXY?????

What? NO SEXY?????

Not unless you got a thing for big sweaty guys wearing coveralls and carrying sledge hammers. These mags just work, all day, ever day.----------Larry

Edited by lkytx