Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Sopranos

Copy of e mail just sent to HBO....

The ending of the series was the worst POS I have ever had the misfortune to see. After so many wonderful episodes you let it end like this. Whoever wrote, directed and approved this ending needs whacked.

Disgustedly Yours,

Merlin Orr

I heard they had about 3 alternate endings, and they chose that one. Was also dissapointed, I wanted to see a big war. but anyways, they left the door open if they want to bring it back.

They way they set up the last 3 minutes you thought the guy at the bar was going to kill the whole family but Meadow would walk in since she was having trouble parking her car.

That was an unbelieveable POS.

Hmmm, unlike all of you so far, I laughed with delight.......

....never in a million years would I have forecast such a normal exit ---- but then isn't that how we entered nine years ago? I like it when I can't predict what will happen.....

My little wife who never cusses blurted out "you've got to be f'ing kidding me..." after the screen went black.... :surprise:

About what I was thinking, too.

:blink:

+1

That was exactly my reaction as well.

I can't believe they ended the series by just pulling the plug without any closure.

If the writers and producers are willing to rip us off like that then good riddance.

I'm now sorry I bothered to watch it.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Actually, I thought the ending was interesting, We got the last five minutes or so of Tony meeting his family. The whole time, we're sitting there watching the door with Tony, noting who comes in.

Who is this guy? Do I know him? Where does he sit? Is he watching me? Will my family be in danger?

Basically, we got to sit for a few minutes inside Tony's skull. Always watching, always analyzing, always on alert. Never knowing for sure if you're safe, or if random violence will come visit. Hunting and being hunted.

Actually, I thought the ending was interesting, We got the last five minutes or so of Tony meeting his family. The whole time, we're sitting there watching the door with Tony, noting who comes in.

Who is this guy? Do I know him? Where does he sit? Is he watching me? Will my family be in danger?

Basically, we got to sit for a few minutes inside Tony's skull. Always watching, always analyzing, always on alert. Never knowing for sure if you're safe, or if random violence will come visit. Hunting and being hunted.

Yeah, you don't know! Maybe the guy was going to come back from the restroom and put an upper a-zone hit on the back of Tony's head. Maybe the hit was walking in the door. Maybe the feds were coming in the door. You don't know. Patrick said it very well. "Always watching, always analyzing, always on alert. Never knowing for sure if you're safe, or if random violence will come visit. Hunting and being hunted." Hell of a way to live....

(I don't parallel park any better than Meadow does.... :unsure: )

Yeah, you don't know! Maybe the guy was going to come back from the restroom and put an upper a-zone hit on the back of Tony's head. Maybe the hit was walking in the door. Maybe the feds were coming in the door. You don't know. Patrick said it very well. "Always watching, always analyzing, always on alert. Never knowing for sure if you're safe, or if random violence will come visit. Hunting and being hunted." Hell of a way to live....

(I don't parallel park any better than Meadow does.... :unsure: )

I agree with all of the above. I was also frustrated at first but I quickly realized how absolutely Brilliant the last 5 minutes actually were. Can anybody here tell me their stomach wasn't in Knots those last 5 mins? It was as if we were in Tony's head. Desperately trying to hold together his homelife all the while having to look over his shoulder each second for the possible hit. I thought it was excellent. Bravo.

Angel

Here is a theory I heard earlier today…

Remember several episodes ago when Tony and Bobby where talking about death? According to Bobby, when you get whacked everything goes black and you don't hear anything, there is complete silence. Sounds familiar?

During the last 5 minutes of the episode, you see everything through Tony's eyes, including when the guy heads to the bathroom. Following this, Tony looks up and sees Meadow waking towards him. What happens then??? Screen goes black with no sound at all, complete silence….

Makes you wonder?????? :unsure:

Ps. Hopefully, Meadow will find a better job so she can afford to get the self-parking Lexus. :cheers:

Edited by Big Guy

Here's how I wish the final scene of The Sopranos would have gone:

Tony and the family are in the diner, Meadow struggles to parallel park outside, the suspicious-looking guy walks past on his way to the bathroom, then Tony looks up as Meadow walks in the front door. The screen goes completely black and silent for ten seconds. Then a light flicks on and it's Bob Newhart laying in bed, and he says to Suzanne Pleshette, "Honey, you really won't believe the dream I had this time......"