Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which airsoft pistol for training?

Flatland Shooter

With live fire practice limited to "bullseye" shooting (no fast shooting, no holsters allowed, etc.) I've made great strides with dryfire practice (i.e. another satisfied customer of Steve Anderson's first book), but I would like to step up the practice a little with an airsoft pistol. It looks like fun and I hope it will help my "real" shooting.

Problem #1 - There are lots of guns and parts to choose from as well as lots of info out there for skirmishers, but not a lot of input from IPSC/USPSA shooters on what they use and recommend.

Problem #2 - Many of the accessories and more popular guns are available only on foreign websites. Use of PayPal is required (I'm not a big fan of these folks) and the loss of purchases to customs are a concern.

So if you would be so kind, let us know what airsoft guns you have tried and what guns you recommend. Does it "feel" like your match gun when you shoot it? Is the trigger decent (or can it be made decent) compared to your match gun? And last but not least, which US retailers carry your recommendations?

Any and all input is welcomed. Thanks.

Bill

• 2 years later...

I've used these guys with great success and service. ;)

Logo-Web-4b-show.gif

I've used the WE-TECH guns with pretty good success. I recommend extra magazines though. ;)

http://www.airsoftpost.com/airsoft-pistols...-21_45_252.html

And yes they replicate the real guns very well in all aspect other than recoil. With magazine inserted they will mimic the actual weight within ounces.

He doesn't use the BBs when training just the gas and I must say it works great.

I have to admit that caught my attention. Even if the gun would cycle, what would be the point of shooting an Airsoft that doesn't fire a projectile?

The guns cycle when the followers are modified much like a real magazine. I have done this even though I use bb's. I talked with Manny in the past about it and he says he gets distracted by seeing the bb's fly downrange.

• 1 month later...

Check out the We-Tech CQB Master offer exclusively by Evike.com. Comes with all the bells and whistles, 2 mags and the most accurate airsoft gun you'll probably find. Evike.com is CA based and carries everything

Check out the We-Tech CQB Master offer exclusively by Evike.com. Comes with all the bells and whistles, 2 mags and the most accurate airsoft gun you'll probably find. Evike.com is CA based and carries everything

+1

Ya, what he said! :cheers:

Should have all of my stuff this week. Thanks for all of the help Rocket!

There is a little 7 year old that thinks it's Christmas come early.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...