Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Little Bit

JFlowers

Just after my wife and I moved into our new house, a large white cat began following my wife around and crying pitifully. Then my wife noticed the discharge. Several hundred dollars later, we suddenly had a white adult female cat and a liter of kittens. The littlest one had been wrapped in the umbilical and the vet told us not to expect it to survive the week. Well, 13 years later Little Bit was still surviving. He had flown all over the US with my wife (she would visit me on my job) and ruled the house (or at least the couch). He walked funny due to nerve damage from his birth, we had forced his mother to feed him as a kitten, he spent the first 6 months curled up in my wife shirt tails as she did housework, and he had stolen our hearts. I still recall the day my phone rang at work and it was my wife telling me that Little Bit had used the big box!

This week we had to put Little Bit to sleep. His ear had slowly torn away (the vet thought it was severe sunburn) and in the end the cancer had unknowing spread throughout his face. The other three cats in the house (the white female that was his mother, a long haired black rescue, and a grey and white 2 year old ball of energy) all try, but none can fill the hole that he has left.

A new grave covered in white rock now resides in my father-in-laws back yard among the dozens of dogs and cats my wife had as a child. At least Little Bit is somewhere he can run just like the other cats now.

I think I know how you feel.... My heart goes out to you.

Merlin

Edit to add... A friend sent me this. Some may think it corney and laugh... Not me.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow

Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play

together

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or

maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and

times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss

someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the

distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the

group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in

joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands

again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so

long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge...together...

Author unknown...

Edited by Merlin Orr

Really sorry to hear about your loss.

Every time I lose one of my four legged family members I say never again because they just do not live long enough. I always manage to end up with a new family member anyway.