Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buster The Cat

Merlin Orr

Buster The Cat

Born in the late summer of 1990 - trapped out of a public park along with his sister and consented to be adopted by my wife and myself - Put down today at 5:30 as a result of advanced nasal cancer.

Fought and survived dogs, cats, squirrels and raccoons and opossums. Snake bit twice by copperheads (their last bites) and still was going strong until felled by his cancer. I can't count the times I laughed at his antics or hollered at him when he drug up some "trophy" at 3 am and presented it to Susie and me as we slept. I don't think I will ever forget him.

I guess it's pretty silly to cry like a little girl over a damned cat.

Merlin,

From my family to yours, we're really sorry for your loss.

Buster was obviously a wonderful cat and he deserves your tears. It's obvious he had a better life because of you, and vice-versa. I'm not the crying type either, but I cried like a baby when I had to put down Chester two weeks ago and I still well up from time to time if the right memory hits me.

Old Chester liked to chase the neighbor's cats, but not in a mean way and never hurt one (or tried) so maybe he and Buster are having a few doggy/kitty laughs right now :)

As an avid lover of all animals, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

Thank you for sharing Buster with us, and the Barcelo family wishes nothing but the best for you from here to infinity.