Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I got DQ'd at Nationals once...I never forgot the lesson (keep your finger out of the trigger when reloading)!! BUT..I hate to see it happen to you! You will go back next year and kick Butt!!

Cheryl :)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody else have to wait around for a room at the match Hotel, It took over 3 hours for mine and when I got into the room their were empty beer bottles and coffee cups on the floor and desk.

I waited 1 1/2 hours for my room, only for them to tell me that they didn't have the King non-smoking that I reserved 2 1/2 months ago. I ended up with a double smoking.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when it is said "you know how to take a reservation, you just don't know how to keep a reservation."

Plus, the elevator we were on got stuck on the 3rd floor and wouldn't open. We ended up waiting 5 minutes before the damn thing went back down to the 1st floor. Nothing like carrying your gear and luggage up 2 flights of stairs, halfway down a hall, and up another flight of stairs.

But on the good side, the match is wonderful, the venue is wonderful. Even if my shooting today wasn't. Somehow I pulled off 3 no-shoots in one stage(stage 15), gun jam(stage 14) and 1 no-shoot (stage 12). Definately not the best way to start.

But, hey, this is my first nationals.

Sat down, gun was in the mud. Guessing the bulge of keys in my pocket (normally on the front seat of the truck) simply pushed the gun out of the holster. Had thought to lock the gun, but didn't think that was needed. Wrong.

Sorry to hear that bro... I almost did the same thing at the IL Sec as I was getting up I fealt it start to move and got my hand on it before it popped out. I now lock it when I have to sit. Again. very sorry to hear that.... :(

There were 2 unopened wine bottles left in the room, but I don't drink wine. I found some shooters that did though.

That'd be mine. Hope you all enjoyed it. :cheers:

I also left a pillow in room 377. If you get that, could you drop it off at the desk? <_<

didn't notice any other pillows when i switched rooms.

Sat down, gun was in the mud. Guessing the bulge of keys in my pocket (normally on the front seat of the truck) simply pushed the gun out of the holster. Had thought to lock the gun, but didn't think that was needed. Wrong.

Ouch...that bites, big time. Sorry to hear about it as I know you'd have done well. R,

We switched hotels as well . . . for many of the same reasons. The Radisson has become a refugee camp for USPSA shooters fleeing the Holiday Inn. Here's what we had at the Holiday Inn:

A wait for our room

Dark hallways

Clean, but not really nice rooms

Fire department visit to check for a gas leak

Cars broken into first morning

Broken elevators

Here's what we got at the Radisson

Same room rate

Lit hallways

Big clean room

Sleep Number beds

Plasma TV

Patrolled parking lot

Peace of Mind

Damn, I wonder how the Best Western is in Owasso. I be there next month.

Chris C.

I don't know what that hotel in particular is like but I'm at the Holiday Inn Express right by it in Owasso and the area is fine. Once you get into Tulsa you get the normal big city stuff including the bad parts.

Chris

Damn, I wonder how the Best Western is in Owasso. I be there next month.

Chris C.

I don't know what that hotel in particular is like but I'm at the Holiday Inn Express right by it in Owasso and the area is fine. Once you get into Tulsa you get the normal big city stuff including the bad parts.

Chris

Cool, that makes me feel better. I guess the other folks are in Tulsa. I am staying in Owasso because I just want to eat, shoot, eat, sleep.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley