Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pan's Labyrinth

It has been out on DVD for a week. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

See it!

It's in Spanish with English sub-titles. Academy award for best foriegn film.

I saw it at the theater back in the winter.Excellent movie though not for young children.I was irked that what would have been a great plot twist was ruined in the reviews that I read before seeing it.Still,excellent film.

Definitely not for childeren. My wife and I saw Devil's Backbone a while back too and it was also great. It is by del Toro too and the story is set during the same time period in Spain around childeren as well. It is a ghost story rather than a fairytale though.

Edited by GTOSHootr

I just watched this last night. I was expecting something closer to the Chronicles or Narnia (sp?) and The Lord of the Rings, but I enjoyed it anyway. I'm Puerto Rican and I'm quickly forgetting my Spanish, so I turned off the subtitles and tried to understand the movie. It took a little while to get used to the Spanish accent, but once I did I enjoyed it more. I went back and watched the first few scenes again and enjoyed them more. VERY graphic violence in a couple of scenes. I wouldn't let the little ones watch it.

• 3 weeks later...
<snip> I'm Puerto Rican and I'm quickly forgetting my Spanish... <snip>

Oh well... there goes the neighborhood... :rolleyes:

Bienvenido, hermano! I'll check out the movie.

• 2 weeks later...