Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Division

Alan Meek

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For at least the next couple years I don't see any reason to separate the SSC and the SS Nationals. So far it has been a win win for both. With USPSA PSSD getting a real shot in the arm with a major match from almost from day one to promote it at no cost to USPSA and the SSC picking up some more shooters it has be a success for both. Oh I'm sure there will come the day when they will part. But I really hope it's not soon. I have enjoyed the partnership.

Russell Cluver

If and/or when the SSC and Single Stack Nationals are separated there will not be a stand alone Single Stack Nationals. It will be combined with the other divisions in either a single or split nationals. Probably 2-3 divisions in one match and the rest in the remaining match.

Gary

Do you forsee earning a slot in much the same manner as the other Divisions? Thx

I would say the obtaining of slots would occur only if the current configuration is separated. As it stands now, the match is on a first come-first served basis, and I can't see that changing.

Thanks Z-Hunter, you are probably correct. I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that this stand alone nationals is contingent upon the current relationship with the SSC.

Gary

As long as the SSC and The USPSA Single Stack Nationals are the same match it will remain a open match to entries. What is in the planning for next year is to expand the match by one day. Now this isn't set in stone yet but Sunday shooting may be added for the 2008 match. This should allow for at least 60 - 80 more competitors then we had this year. As in pass years it will not be open for entrees until mid-January 2008.

Russell

Is there a date set yet for the SSC?

It would help if it was out early so some of us can schedule our work ;)

As soon as the dates are set I will post them. But's always the end of April or first of May weekend.

Russell