Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2/Rio Salado Desert Classic 2007

It's full.

(just kidding)

I was told by the Rio staff that the second weekend of November is statistically nicest weekend of the year weather-wise so the DC will always be on that weekend.

Later,

Chuck

Hi there,

Well there is new info on the Rio website ( http://riopractical.com ). The match is 8-11 Nov. 11 Stages. The application is on line at the website. The app has the following:

~ Applications will be chosen by a lottery system on August 4, 2007 ~

(Up to four applications per envelope will be accepted ~ One application will be accepted per person)

and also:

Squadding: If you wish to be squadded with specific

people, please list on the back of this application. We

cannot guarantee all requests. Limit ten (10) competitors.

There is contact info on the website if you want more information. Go a bit easy on them as I heard that Barb was involved in a motorcycle accident 24 April and I would imagine still a bit tender!

Later,

chuck

There is contact info on the website if you want more information. Go a bit easy on them as I heard that Barb was involved in a motorcycle accident 24 April and I would imagine still a bit tender!

Later,

chuck

I'm back... :wacko: ... still a little woozie - but I'm still on the planet.

Any q's regarding the new application policy - let me know. Here is the procedure:

One envelope may contain up to four applications.

One check per envelope is okay - multiple checks are okay, too.

No one person may send in more than one application - duplicates will be returned (this would be bad).

Applications received after August 4th will not be in the first draw, but will not be returned.

"Late entries", "Extras" or "Left-over" applications after the first draw will be put on a waiting list.

Drop-offs are okay at the house - but must accompany chocolate (just kidding).

Each envelope will be considered one chance. (i.e. if four in one envelope - this is one chance; if four people send separately, they each have one chance)

I will notify everyone ASAP after the lottery draw being held August 5th - whether they've been picked or not. Please include an email address with your entry. (thx!)

Note... This is our club's Rio Salado Desert Classic 20th Annual Anniversary... should be another "good one"!!

The Competitors' Banquet on Saturday 11/10/2007 - is not included with the entry price - but will have door prizes to include at least one gun. You should go...

I have a new mailing address for this event - a post office box - due to the mail theft we experienced this spring during the SMM3G.

Sponsored shooters or perspective sponsors - contact John LaMarca at (602) 686-2828 or lamarca1@cox.net

Good luck to everyone...

Cheers...

A2Chic :ph34r:

I still hoping for a "Last years top 10 finishers from each divison" get a automatic spot clause...

(Nomex suit on) :)

Sorry... that will not happen - go ahead and take your Nomex suit off...

Well, folks, it looks like we are going to have to fully rely on chocolate... <_<

Great news! Kudos to the Area2 folks for listening to our feedback and trying a new entry policy.

Fortunately we already had a chance to see how it worked for the SMM3gun. Should work just as well for this match.

I still hoping for a "Last years top 10 finishers from each divison" get a automatic spot clause...

(Nomex suit on) :)

Sorry... that will not happen - go ahead and take your Nomex suit off...

Well, folks, it looks like we are going to have to fully rely on chocolate... <_<

So then sponsored shooters are the only ones who get reserved spots.

That makes them even tougher to beat... :ph34r:

what constitutes a sponsored shooter?

There are different levels of sponsorship which may or may not include one or more competitor slots. A "sponsored shooter" would be a competitor designated by name by one of the sponsoring companies for this specific match as long as they were at a level which would include one or more competitor slots. Your sponsor must be a sponsor for this match for you to get a slot and they would have to provide your name along with their sponsor information. Sponsorship information may be obtained from John LaMarca at (602) 686-2828 or via email at lamarca1@cox.net. If you have a sponsor supporting your shooting habits and paying your match fees, please have them contact John if you are interested in shooting this event by way of a sponsored slot. Note: There are limited sponsorship opportunities for this event.

Edited by AZ Stats Chic