Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

About Those "mediocre" B-class Shooters

Nemo

I really like this quote:

:)

A USPSA B shooter has godlike capabilities with a pistol compared to the general shooting public like you meet at typical plinking ranges and most LEO are not excluded here. The truth is that most folks who have/carry guns can't really shoot them very well. We are a small inlet in a sea of gun owners ;-/

Edited to add:

OPEN Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

LIMITED Class: B Pct: 67.75 High Pct: 67.75

LIMITED10 Class: B Pct: 72.65 High Pct: 72.65

PRODUCTION Class: B Pct: 63.01 High Pct: 63.01

REVOLVER Class: A Pct: 80.43 High Pct: 80.43

Don't mind my revolver classification, it's a fluke. ;)

Edited by Nemo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this quote:

A USPSA B shooter has godlike capabilities with a pistol compared to the general shooting public like you meet at typical plinking ranges and most LEO are not excluded here. The truth is that most folks who have/carry guns can't really shoot them very well. We are a small inlet in a sea of gun owners ;-/

I absolutely agree! :D Who said that highly insightful, pin-point accurate statement, I may need to use it in the future?!

I've said it before, and I stands by it ( ug ug ug, Popeye style :P )

You're average "B" class shooter shoots pistol as well or better than the average SWAT team guy. The public sees that as an impressive benchmark, and it is.

B is one big pond.

I remember coming out of IDPA as a newly minted "Master" and being proud when I calssified initially in USPSA as a B with 70.3%. Took me a year to make A, a year to make M and well.... I'm still working on it. B) (It's been five years for those of us who keep track of such things)

Yes, B shooters KICK ASS!!!

If I had a million dollar company that needed some investing...I would link up with a couple MOTIVATED B class shooters and track thier success. They make this sport...with out them M & GM would only be a dream. Eric is 100% right about LEO's. I have the pleasure of working with many high status tactical teams, and they are very good at what they do, however, they might not have reached that pinnacle with firearms. This could be for a large number of reasons...but just like uspsa NEEDS B class shooters, so do our tactcal teams...IMHO

pat

Too funny and true. I'm a middle of the pack B class shooter, several times when I've finished a stage I've had a new shooter ask me what LEO agency I work for. I love the look on their faces when I tell them I teach 9 year olds all day :lol:

I felt I was a pretty good marksman when I started this game.

After 3 years, 50,000 rounds, a kazillion draws, transitions, mag changes, etc.... I would like to think my shooting skills are pretty good.

If there are any B class shooters out there that think they are mediocre, take a trip to your local indoor range sometime and just watch.

Half of them would miss if they were trying to commit suicide.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Yep, "B" all the way! :lol:

Well, the revolver classification is based on exactly one match fired with my S&W Mod 65 .357 and "not so speed" loaders. :wacko:

Membership information L-2545

OPEN Class: B Pct: 69.84 High Pct: 70.27

LIMITED Class: B Pct: 66.80 High Pct: 67.24

LIMITED10 Class: B Pct: 72.50 High Pct: 72.50

PRODUCTION Class: B Pct: 62.37 High Pct: 62.37

REVOLVER Class: C Pct: 25.52 High Pct: 25.52

SINGLESTACK Class: B

If I had a million dollar company that needed some investing...I would link up with a couple MOTIVATED B class shooters and track thier success. They make this sport...with out them M & GM would only be a dream. Eric is 100% right about LEO's. I have the pleasure of working with many high status tactical teams, and they are very good at what they do, however, they might not have reached that pinnacle with firearms. This could be for a large number of reasons...but just like uspsa NEEDS B class shooters, so do our tactcal teams...IMHO

pat

But your average NM SWAT / DOE Superhero shoots better than your average IPSC GM too so, where does that leave us? And god forbid that guy runs out of BB's, his punch would hurt worse!!! :o

Hey brothah.. hollah. B)

I've said it before, and I stands by it ( ug ug ug, Popeye style :P )

You're average "B" class shooter shoots pistol as well or better than the average SWAT team guy. The public sees that as an impressive benchmark, and it is.

B is one big pond.

I remember coming out of IDPA as a newly minted "Master" and being proud when I calssified initially in USPSA as a B with 70.3%. Took me a year to make A, a year to make M and well.... I'm still working on it. B) (It's been five years for those of us who keep track of such things)

Yes, B shooters KICK ASS!!!

This is a recurring theme and I have to say I would agree with it.

The shooting skills of most law enforcement personnel could not match up with competition shooters.

I think this is mostly due to the fact that most departments don't provide much ammo, if any for their officers to practice.

I typically burn thousands of dollars in ammo every year.

That would be tough for most LEO's on a cops salary.

That having been said, as a group they seem to shoot well enough to take down the bad guys when they need to.

I think there is a lot more to being a cop than shooting a gun.

I can probably outshoot about any officer I know, but I still don't know if I would have what it takes to be a good cop.

It's a tough job and for what it's worth, my hat's off to them. (As long as they stay out of my rear view mirror.) :rolleyes:

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Yup---There are a BUNCH of us!!! ;)

OPEN Class: B Pct: 71.03 High Pct: 71.03

LIMITED Class: B Pct: 61.61 High Pct: 61.61

LIMITED10 Class: B Pct: 61.36 High Pct: 61.36

PRODUCTION Class: B Pct: 67.29 High Pct: 68.77

REVOLVER Class: U Pct: 0.00 High Pct: 0.00

SINGLESTACK Class: B see below

The revolver classification will post with the next update--right around 62%

Bill Marrs

TY46179

• 2 months later...
That would be tough for most LEO's on a cops salary.

That having been said, as a group they seem to shoot well enough to take down the bad guys when they need to.

Tls

Part of my job is testing officers in my Agency on their monthly requal, and I have a hard time deciding if the 10%ers would benefit from the 4 spare mags I carry in competition, or if it would only make the headlines read "Officers fire Eleventy Billion rounds at the suspect..... blah blah blah...suspect is being treated for a 1 gunshot wound to the shoulder."

I started both IDPA and IPSC this year, and was suprised at the difference in the classifiers. I shot Expert, and am knocking on the door to Master in SSP, but my best Production classifier has been a 70.7%

--- snip ---

I started both IDPA and IPSC this year, and was suprised at the difference in the classifiers. I shot Expert, and am knocking on the door to Master in SSP, but my best Production classifier has been a 70.7%

Rob,

The disparity between the two may not be as great as it seems since we do not shoot ONE classifier over and over again in USPSA. I am not saying it's good or bad, just different.

Later,

Chuck

B Ltd & Opn

A1062 (retired)

--- snip ---

Rob,

The disparity between the two may not be as great as it seems since we do not shoot ONE classifier over and over again in USPSA. I am not saying it's good or bad, just different.

Later,

Chuck

B Ltd & Opn

A1062 (retired)

I guess I noticed the difference more because I only shot the IDPA classifier once.

Finally made A class in L10! I'm still with you all in L though. I think I am the #4 L shooter right now. You are all right though. It takes some hard work to make it to the next level!

TG

Finally made A class in L10! I'm still with you all in L though. I think I am the #4 L shooter right now. You are all right though. It takes some hard work to make it to the next level!

TG

Way to go Travis... now that you have done that..when are you going to slide over to the dark side.... :goof:

TG

Way to go Travis... now that you have done that..when are you going to slide over to the dark side.... :goof:

Thanks buddy! I'll tell you, after shooting my moms open STI at the Ironman, the thought of crossing over has seriously crossed my mind! I felt like I was just blazin fast and I had a ball! I actually shot that gun at a couple of local matches warming up for the Ironman, and I don't mind saying I didn't do half bad with it. We'll see. Have to come up with the $ first. :blink:

TG