Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Arredondo holster

bird

I tried on out for a few matches and personally didn't really like it. there are two detents the low detent is in the locked position and the one above that is for the draw.  The problem with that is when you draw from the surrender position you may inadvertantly push the gun back down into the lock detent.  I also didnt like the belt hanger.  It didnt give me as much range of motion as  would have liked.  The other problem I had with his holdster back when I was testing it out he didnt have a locking lever. Now he is on the 3rd or 4th revision which does have a lever. It all comes down to personal preference. I say find some one who has one and ask them to let you try it.

Erik-

Actually, the new lock system is supposed to eliminate the problem you describe of inadvertantly pushing the gun back down into the second level.  It is explained on the bottom of this page I think: http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/AA_holster.htm

If you slide the new lock bar up, the gun can't be inadvertantly locked.  Or you can put the gun in the 12lb resistance mode and draw with the resistance or lock it in completely.  I can't speak to the adjustability though.