Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Mkiv Chronograph Feature

I have a MKIV timer/chronograph and am contemplating buying the skyscreens for it. Has anyone used these skyscreens and the chronograph feature of the MKIV? If so, how'd you like it? Is it worth buying the skyscreens or should I just stick with my Chrony Beta?

Thanks!

Trodrig

You might try a search...or maybe somebody will come along with some updates. The newer (XP) Pacts were having some troubles with the software for the chrono feature.

When that is working right, the chrono portion itself is top-notch.

I have one of the very first PACT timer/chronos and even at 10+ years old it works great. I have heard that the new ones have had problems. I don't even use it as a timer much anymore its just to big.

Edited by Azone41

• 3 months later...
I have a MKIV timer/chronograph and am contemplating buying the skyscreens for it. Has anyone used these skyscreens and the chronograph feature of the MKIV? If so, how'd you like it? Is it worth buying the skyscreens or should I just stick with my Chrony Beta?

Thanks!

Trodrig

Don't bother!

Mine didn't work, I sent it back, it was supposeldy repaired (chip replaced), and now it works even less (i.e. not at all). Since it is also way too big and clumsy to use as a timer IMO, I'm sending it back.

Pact Waranty Here is the link to their waranty. On the main pagePact Home Page You can see their address.

I don't know about the phone contact thing. Last time I had a problem, that I caused. Called them up, shipped it off had it back in about a week good as new.

Hope that helps some.

Brian arranged for me to get a refund for mine, as they already "repaired" it once, and it ended up working even worse.

I ordered a CED M2 from shooters connection instead.