Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has Anyone Use Cpmi Basepads And Followers On Cz Mags.

shadetree

I am thinking about shooting limmited minor and steel with a cz 75b sa and was looking for input on cpmi hollow base bads and tanfoglio followers. Are the followers any good? Do they fit cz mags? How much length do the base pads add to your mags? Are there any other base pads that would work better with a cz 75b mag? Would they make spo1 mags too long? Any input would be apriciated. Thanks.

I have an assortment of mag which include 15 and 16 rnd cz 75b mags and spo1 mags that hold 19 rounds.

Edited by shadetree

I am thinking about shooting limmited minor and steel with a cz 75b sa and was looking for input on cpmi hollow base bads and tanfoglio followers. Are the followers any good? Do they fit cz mags? How much length do the base pads add to your mags? Are there any other base pads that would work better with a cz 75b mag? Would they make spo1 mags too long? Any input would be apriciated. Thanks.

I have an assortment of mag which include 15 and 16 rnd cz 75b mags and spo1 mags that hold 19 rounds.

I have several of the standard CPMI basepads on the half dozen mags for my 75 SA. They work well and I don't doubt that the extended versions would do so as well. Not sure on the followers, however much like the TS mags, standard 75 mags should accept a Grams 9mm 11 coil S_I spring/follower. The width difference between the TS and the 75 mags is very, very small.

Thanks for the info. have you ever tried to use regular witness followers?

No, thought about it (and also pondered the Arredondo follower) but in my research found a few references to fit problems in CZ 75's. IIRC all Tanfoglio's are "large frame" dimension guns now and I don't think that corresponds to the standard CZ 75 frame/mag dimension. Angus, Matt Mink, or Henning would be three of the best sources for a definitive answer.