Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shock Buffers

CAB33

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have any experience with using the CZ shock buffers in a Tanfoglio Elite?

I tried one in mine but it does not fit like they do in a CZ. I found that I could not lock my slide back with it in and also found I would occasionally get extraction stoppages when I had it in.

That was enough to put me off!

I've used them with good luck. It's a tight fit, but it does work. My slide on my Elite Stock will lock back fine. I have noted it shorten slide travel enough that my brass doesn't go as far which is a good thing sine my Stock is 10MM and use to throw brass into the next shooting bay.

I've used them with good luck. It's a tight fit, but it does work. My slide on my Elite Stock will lock back fine. I have noted it shorten slide travel enough that my brass doesn't go as far which is a good thing sine my Stock is 10MM and use to throw brass into the next shooting bay.

Did you have to do anything to the buffer or is it standard? And also when you say it is a tight fit, does your slide ride/rub on the top portion of the buffer?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a standard buff from Buffer Tech. It is a tight fit and the slide does rub some when I put it on the frame, but it does fit on my Stock. It will also fit on my full size Polymer 10MM, but it causes malfunctions with it due to shorten slide travel.