Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3d Stage Drawings Using Google Sketchup

j2fast

I just started playing with GS and don't know how to separate different items within a model.

For example, the poppers model has two poppers, a full size and a pepper popper. How do I go around if I just want to add only the full size popper? :blink::blink:

I just started playing with GS and don't know how to separate different items within a model.

For example, the poppers model has two poppers, a full size and a pepper popper. How do I go around if I just want to add only the full size popper? :blink::blink:

Select the model, right click on it. Go to explode group. Each component will then be there, Choose the one you want and go from there.

Or, keep clicking on the selected model and it will eventually take you there.

• 1 year later...
Has there been any thought to creating a library of stages in sketch up similar to stage exchange?

I have quite a few IDPA Stages in the Google SketchUp 3D Warehouse. Just access 3D Warehouse from SketchUp and put IDPA in the search box. I had considered to start doing the Classifiers, but got distracted and never really got on it.

There are also USPSA targets (metric and classic) and a number of targets and props out there as well.

What we ought to do is set up a standard template for the Classifiers so they would all look the same.

Let me know if you want to take a look at the match booklet that we do for our monthly match.

Best regards,

Jim Taylor

I've been doing all of my stage designs in SketchUp for about a year. I think it is a very useful tool. I am not a very experienced stage designer. Being able to have a reasonable preview of what the stage would look like from the perspective of a shooter helps me a great deal in putting up decent stages. The interface is a bit quirky and there is a bit of a learning curve, but I still recommend it.

Slav

John

It is a bit of work, but we have it down pat. We have a great cadre of Safety Officers and run the squads efficiently. We push the envelope for a monthly club match, and our shooters love the challenge and the round count.

Best regards,

Jim

Glen Allen VA

• 3 months later...
Bump...I'm going to give this another try.

In theory, I could draw up all the bays at our local club and then post that to Google Maps or Google Earth ???

Flex, I've been using this program for that past few months. I just use the one bay that somebody already made and make each of my stages in side there. If you make all your bays by the time you scale out so that you can see them all you won't be able to see the stages, unless you just want to show off your club :-)