Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Trigger Won't Reset, Intermittantly

midvalleyshooter

Well, wish me luck. I am heading to my first USPSA match in almost a year with an iffy G34. I just traded my other G34 (which had been 100%) for a G17 (G17 still at my FFL).

Anyhow I bought this G34 used and it shot so well I decided to give up the other one :blink: Then yesterday at the range the trigger started to not reset. I ride the trigger during recoil and just release it enough to reset. If I slapped the trigger it would reset. When I got home I checked it out and it was failing to reset constantly. I detail stripped it, slightly lubed it and put it back together. The trigger spring was not broken and everything looked pretty good inside. The problem went away. I suspect it will come back as it was not THAT dirty. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am not sure what changes have been made to this pistols trigger, it breaks around 3.5 pounds. How do I trouble shoot this? One part at a time or just replace trigger assembly, connector, trigger spring and striker spring? Any better ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith,

Not a expert but this is what I'd do. First a detailed disassembly of the trigger housing for cleaning. Reassemble. Function test and live fire test 100 rounds. If your problem persists replace the connector. I'm pretty certain your reset issue is due to a loose or out of spec connector. You might think of replacing the housing too. I have always treated the connector and housing as a single system. Your assured of a tight factory fit. Good luck!

Jim

And its probably a 3.5 lbs connector in a G34-either Glock factory or an aftermarket. So if you replace it you should probabaly use another 3.5 lbs. I've never used one (only Glock factory), but there are rumors that some aftermarket connectors have issues.

A lot of time that you have problems with Glocks accrue from dirt and crud in the striker channel. Pull out the striker and separate the spring from the striker and clean the striker very well and clean out the channel with a 22 caliber bore brush. While the striker is out you might as well pull out the extractor and clean it.

Give this a try and report back……

A lot of time that you have problems with Glocks accrue from dirt and crud in the striker channel. Pull out the striker and separate the spring from the striker and clean the striker very well and clean out the channel with a 22 caliber bore brush. While the striker is out you might as well pull out the extractor and clean it.

Give this a try and report back……

I had detail stripped/cleaned the slide and receiver last night. Cleaning the firing pin and extractor channel areas. Today at the match the G34 ran 100%. I used a mixture of WWB and Win. nato ammo from my stash. The wind was really blowing today and the nato 9mm was just the medicine for the poppers.

I will keep an eye on it and perhaps try a factory connector and housing as suggested.

Thanks guys,

Keith

I havent seen it yet, but Ive heard several times from credible sources that if your connector gets bent beyond 90* (degrees), then this can cause it to not reset.

Basically, when taking out the connector, you should push it out from the other side of the trigger housing where it just shows a little tab from the bottom of the connector. Some guys pull it out from the right side and it bends it. Over time, I ve heard if it gets bent beyond 90*, it will cause failure to reset.

I guess just try another connector and/or take yours out and look at the angle.