Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

1/4/07

-Jogged 1 hour

-Dryfired

It's turning into a rather eventful day...my youngest, Stoli Leatham Enos is getting snipped at 1pm, and here at work today, it apprears that I may be snipped as well. I talk to the big man around 1pm.

Worst case scenario...I get canned and am forced to get a better job! Maybe even one with weekends and holidays off :D

*Edited to remove the account of my cheeky work shenanigans. Trust me, it was cheeky...

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

COMMON SENSE RULES

RULE #1

If you make an extremely large faux pas ..........

1st check to see if anyone was watching while the event occured.

2nd figure out if you can blame someone else at your job.

3rd DONT BLAB ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!

B);)

Luckily for you we all like you here, or we woulnt pick on you!

(Wow, that means we must really like you ALOT!) ;)

Well, I still have a job, and from the looks of things, mountains of overtime to work as well. I will set aside all OT for match and travel fees.

Sorry Chris, I won't be able to help set up at next weekends match...again <_<

Well, I still have a job

Sorry to hear about that ;) The two best things that EVER happened to me was when I got sacked from Nike and American Ex(RE)press. Getting sacked from Nike caused me to sail to and from Hawaii and go on a six month sailboat racing bender. Basically six months of sailing, drinking, and acting like I was 18 again. VERY good times B)

Getting sacked at American Repress lead to a very nice cushy job for 1 year that lead to 5 years of being basicaly retired and taking care of my grandfather. Not bad at 30. That led to my current situation of being self employed and working so little that the wife doesn't believe I actually work until she sees the checks and asks if this was for the year and I tell her it's for the month. Trust me, they're are better jobs out there. I was scared sh!tless when I first started out on my own but there is no way I could ever have a real job again.

I see that you are from Ohio. My in-laws live outside of Canton and we are planning a trip back there this August. Any cool matches around then?

I missed what caused the drama. Keep trying, lol..

Stoli Leatham Enos? ROTFLMAO..

1/5/07

-Jogged 1 hour

-Dryfired

I felt myself getting fustrated today during dryfire...I want to go faster but need to remember that progress is make in tenths of a second.

Fustration continued when I arrived to work @ noon, only to be told that my shift began at 2pm <_< . What a waste of time :angry:

It's payday Friday, and I need to find a way to launder money out of my checking to pay for match fees without the wife being able to track it all :D

One other thing...several people have asked me about the template that I used to make my match certificates. I have it available for anyone who would like it (I made it myself) and will be happy to email it to you...just pm me with your addy.

1/6/07

-Dryfired

I will work out tonight at work. Last night I did 40 minutes of box-to-box drills. That is one hell of a workout! My body hurts in ways that it hasn't since 2-a-days. Tonight I will practice more of the same. Hopefully my blue gun comes in the mail before I run to work, and I will be able to simulate the drills even better.

My applications for SC Sectional and Area 6 are officially in the mail. 2007 is going to be an amazing year :D

Ran sprints and box drills *pant* I am still waiting for my blue gun to make the drill mroe realistic. For now, I'll just use the ol air gun.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

1/7/07

-Jogged 1 hour

-Dryfired

Dryfire was exceptionally smooth today! I am still placing much attention to preforming my reloads in two steps. I dryfired a whole helluva lot 4 months ago, but not with the knowledge and empasis that I have now. I will not get a chance to do box-to-box stuff tonight, but should be able to sneak in a trip to the range here in the next few days.

Just 7 days until a REAL USPSA match! Shooter ready?

Shooter ready?

You are talking the RO class, right ?

:rolleyes:

Trust me, Hernandez busted my chops ONCE. That's all it took.

Amazingly enough it only takes poor range commamds to get others to post on my thread. That being said, why do they say hammer down if there isn't a hammer?

(Seriously, I'm just f-ing around. And yes Flex, I am definately taking the RO class. I'm too poor to pay for all of these matches without eventually working a few :) )

1/8/07

-Jogged 1 hour

-Dryfired

I watched the movie "Little Miss Sunshine" today while on the treadmill. Great flick! It reminded me about why and how we should set goals. Currently, my shooting goal is to make Master by the end of 2007. Is it possible that I will be able to take 1st Place at the M level in Tulsa...yes, but not probable, and not a part of my current goal.

Anyway, my cardiovascular fitness is definately getting better. I feel better throughout the day as a result of jogging, and have more energy and motivation to complete other tasks (like dryfire). It looks like I am going to have to wait until Saturday to go to the range and shoot...I'm covering shifts for a buddy in the hospital right now. He'll be fine (eventually) and I'll tuck the extra funds away for match fees and bullets.

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Shooter ready?

You are talking the RO class, right ?

:rolleyes:

Trust me, Hernandez busted my chops ONCE. That's all it took.

Amazingly enough it only takes poor range commamds to get others to post on my thread. That being said, why do they say hammer down if there isn't a hammer?

(Seriously, I'm just f-ing around. And yes Flex, I am definately taking the RO class. I'm too poor to pay for all of these matches without eventually working a few :) )

"Pull trigger and release firing pin".??????????? B)

1/9/07

-Jogged for 1 hour

-Dryfired

Being curious, I looked at my dryfire daily routine and broke it down into three numbers. These are the minimum amount done throughout every dryfire session

231-the number of draws preformed

291-the number of perfect reloads (imperfect ones are redone)

1803-the number of "rounds' fired

It's almost been a month since I've shot a match, thank God there is one this weekend. I've been thinking alot about how well I am going to shoot at the big matches this next year, and how much I have improved since this time last year. Every day that passes I take the steps needed to achieve my goals. Are you achieving yours?

1/9/07

-Jogged for 1 hour

-Dryfired

Being curious, I looked at my dryfire daily routine and broke it down into three numbers. These are the minimum amount done throughout every dryfire session

231-the number of draws preformed

291-the number of perfect reloads (imperfect ones are redone)

1803-the number of "rounds' fired

It's almost been a month since I've shot a match, thank God there is one this weekend. I've been thinking alot about how well I am going to shoot at the big matches this next year, and how much I have improved since this time last year. Every day that passes I take the steps needed to achieve my goals. Are you achieving yours?

I can answer that with an honest YES. Every day I am achieving mine. ;)

1/10/07

-Jogged for 1 hour

-All dryfiring drills completed

As I continue to read Brians book, more and more of the mental game is sinking in, and I am able to unintentionally identify the techniques and methods as I practice.

And I really dig this quote...

... I move with perfect timing and impeccable coordination...

be

A bit of great news, I just came from a meeting with the big boss, and he has approved my leave for this seasons matches. Here is my OFFICIAL match list for 2007...

-April 13-15 SC Sectionals

-May 3-6 Area 6

-July 11-13 Summer Blast

-August 2-5 Area 8

-August 16-19 Area 5

-September 6-11 Production Nationals

-September 28-30 Michigan Sectionals

I also plan on shooting the OH,KY,PA, and IN State Sectional matches when they are posted. I'm ready to rock out with my c*ck out B)

1/11/07

-Jogged for 1 hour

-Full dryfire

My blue Glock came in the mail today, and I plan on working the hell out of box-to-box and shooting on the move transitions during my late nights here at work.

I've been thinking about music and how I can use it during a match. Stuff like trance techno and Mozart relax and calm me, metal and house pump me up. Inbetween are cuts from Gladiator and The Matrix (think Smith battles) that fill me with feelings of empowerment and conquest...for a sport that has much to do with mentality, music must certainly play a deeper role...

...back at home now. I preformed a few mods on the blue Glock (particularly making the sights a little more "sightish"). Pretty fired up about training with it in the gym at work.

Two more days until a freakin' match...yeah!