Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Nice picture of your Edge Chris...and I literally spit water onto my keyboard when I saw your "demon baby tumor" pic :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I really only noticed the grip during reloads and transferring from freestyle to weak/strong hand...but my grip seemed to have a more positive lock on the gun.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you and I took different approaches .... I went with the "I'll start small, and see how I like it - I can always add more later" approach. And I think you went with the "More is always better approach". But you can probably sand some down if need be. I just didn't want to spend close to $100 for a mod that I wasn't sure if I would like or not. This cost me all of $1.74 B)

Ya know what? I will be too. I thought it wouldn't last 24 hours, but it's been on there for a weeks worth of dryfiring (ok 10 minutes twice a week), a 10 stage major match (that I won), and a 4 stage local match today. Still hard as a rock baby! :)

0.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Hot and beautiful weather was with us today at the Cville match. Despite one BAD trigger freeze and a systemic failure on steel (a situation that reached critical mass on one stage resulting in a standing reload for just one more round) I had a fair match. A couple IDPA dudes came out to shoot and had a blast...hopefully they'll make it out next month.

It also needs to be mentioned that our squad was phenomenal! Big cheers to you all, and to Hunter Booth who put the wood to me something fierce. Too bad I am forced to wait until next month to get my soul back from him ;)

th_08-07-2010Cville.jpg

^ ;)

It was my own regrettable absence of attention. Fortunately I have another club match today where I can rectify this issue.

Looking over the video from yesterday, it appears to confirm my notion that the gun is recoiling less in my hands with my new grip job. I also observed yesterday that I had zero grip issues with the added left panel and stippling. It seems as if the stippling allows me to have a more positive and aggressive hold on the gun despite the sweat that comes with hot summer days...something that I was struggling with while using grip tape.

Missed ya today Dan, but I understand...a morning on the range...a lifetime of pain ;)

Did better on the steel today...batted 1000 in that department, although I took 3 makeup shots today that I simply did not need.

Those new classifiers are a hoot to shoot!

th_08-08-2010Mburg.jpg

I broke away from putzing around with my Droid X this morning to shoot an IDPA match. I have only shot one other IDPA match, and that was over 5 years ago. The weather held up just long enough to finish before the skies opened up. I had my first malf this season (you can see the extracted round hit the camera lens in the first stage of the video)...upon further inspection it was ammo related. I'm still trying to shoot up the rest of my tumbly crap ammo.

th_08-14-2010CvilleIDPA.jpg

Great squad today, and it was kinda groovy chatting with the IDPA only shooters. Ask me the next time you see me about the most horrific 180 dq that I have ever seen :surprise:

Holy Crap...... You shot with the OTHER crowd. IDPA. Come down to Clinton County when Oxford shuts down for the year. Give Keen a bag so he can put it over his head so nobody will know he came to an IDPA match.

No problem Mike :) I totally plan on shooting with you guys when Ox shuts it down for the winter!

Oh well, at least he made major! :rolleyes:

I lol'd hard at that Chris :lol: And for the record...I shot in sandals! (Although they have slots in the side for speed ;) ) The IDPA crowd was very accommodating, and I assured them that should I return next month, I'll bring legal equipment to fit a division. I'm thinking revo.

th_08-22-2010MRPC.jpg

Great match, great squad today at MRPC.

I feel fully confident and comfortable now with the "wasphive bump" (tumor) grip, and it truly lends to a more aggressive hold on the gun even in the sweatiest of conditions. Although the students come back on Tuesday to kick off another year of school, I'll hit two-a-days in the dojo up to Area 8.

Area 8 came and went, and it was an excellent experience overall. I finally had the opportunity to meet a few people from the forums for the first time in addition to a few new Rudy comp squad members. I cannot give enough credit to the range staff for making this match feel friendly and personable. Every time Seth or Alan saw me, the first words out of their mouth were "Doing okay? Can I get you anything?". Just amazing and classy classy classy. The same sentiment can be echoed when referring to my squad. 12 hard working, hard shooting competitors.

My shooting however was a little disappointing. 4 penalties all day...a bit excessive compared to my expectations, but as with anything there is something to be learned and improved upon. I overplanned the bridge stage to death instead of giving more credence to my visual patience and completely took the easy shots on the poppers for granted. On an upside I feel that I had a strong run on the trap stage (aside from fumbling the reload from the ledge) and the low port stage.

th_08-28-2010Area8.jpg

There are not many nice things that I can say about Conrad (Conan) except that he can put on excellent matches :) (okay...and he's a pretty good guy too).

Felt like true autumn today, and had the chance to shoot a Texas Star with soft cover, as well as get my soul back from someone that took it by a wide margin last month.

th_09-04-2010Cville.jpg

The IDPA crowd was very accommodating, and I assured them that should I return next month, I'll bring legal equipment to fit a division. I'm thinking revo.

I'm thinking crazy! :rolleyes:

Sweet!

BTW, Congratulations on getting your soul back (video looked good).

^ Thanks Wheels :)

The video below contains stages from the Oxford match last week, and the Cville IDPA match from today.

Ox went fair...on the stage with the windows I botched my first target with a trigger freeze and (for reasons that still elude me) tried to make up for it by going faster. That resulted in a lack of attention on the far no-shoot array to the right and did not end well.

Cville was interesting...I slapped my G34 upper on my G24 lower and removed the magwell, as well as borrowed a legal holster and mag pouches from my hero Mike (thanks again!). That upper/lower combination puked on me on the last stage: my trigger would not *click* to reset. For whatever reason, it never fails with the G24 upper but bit me with the G34. Soooooooo once I got home I set up my Prod gun to be once again Prod legal. Was it not legal before you ask? It was an ounce out of compliance at the Buckeye Challenge when I got bumped into Open. After stripping the extra grip tape and a few numbers tallied on my scale, it is now good to go.

So good in fact I think I'll shoot Prod tomorrow :)

th_09-11-2010OxandCvilleIDPA.jpg