Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are There Any Big "two Gun" Matches?

>> Pretty much up to the Match Directors, I think ?

My understanding of the rules is that it *is* legal under USPSA rules to hold a rifle-pistol only event. Are there any big matches where this is the case?

>> Shotgun is more fun than rifle though

It isn't an issue of what is more "fun."

I shoot with the USAR combat team and am toying with the idea of persuading our OIC to include USPSA events into the mix. It would be an easier sell if there were big rifle-pistol only events for Tactical (A4 with ACOG) and Production (M9). We don't normally shoot shotguns.

Thanks,

John

The only big "two gun" championship that is USPSA (that I know of) is the New York Rifle and Shotgun Championships. It is not really advertised on the Enosverse or on USPSA's website. I only know of it because the guys from Rochester came up to shoot some of our big 3-Gun championships and left flyers on the table the past couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

About 5 years ago we'd remove the steel targets from a stage, add some more paper and shoot rifles after the pistol match. The work to fun ratio was fantastic! :)

Back then we only shoot 2 stages of pistol, now we're up to 4 and everyone wants to leave by time we finish pistol. And we are having more 3 gun matches.

FM

We run "two gun" events at our local club, but we do it Long Gun style and use rifle/shotgun. You can find a pistol match every half hour around here so we feel it's not a big loss to lose the pistol, but we do toss in a true all 3 guns match once in while just to keep folks honest.

More info here: http://www.richmondhotshots.com/

I don't have an AR. So, I would like to see some pistol/shotgun matches.

In Limited class, it should be popular, because you would think that people who are more casual pistol shooters should at least have an old 870 or something. Not everyone has an AR-15.

• 4 weeks later...
About 5 years ago we'd remove the steel targets from a stage, add some more paper and shoot rifles after the pistol match. The work to fun ratio was fantastic! :)

Back then we only shoot 2 stages of pistol, now we're up to 4 and everyone wants to leave by time we finish pistol. And we are having more 3 gun matches.

FM

We've done the same. But we shoot all the pistols, push down all the steel and then shoot the rifles as each squad cycles through. We were actually thinking of turning it into a non-scored, just for fun, thing and shooting it with 22lr uppers. THAT would be good cheep fun, and still good practice for your rifle hoser skills.