Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Tuning

miyamoto

Hello Henning,

Question, I will hopefully be contacted by Rick D. soon regarding Limited custom pistol.

In the interim, I am trying to gather as much info as possible on the design.

I read your tuning tips for 140mm mag tuning. My question is related to this.

Question: I want to be able to use stock follower with maybe grams springs and the cpmi (hopefully your base pad soon enough) base pad. I am not worried about getting 21rd, or even 20. I am fine as long as I would be able to get 19rd in with the mags being extremely durable/reliable.

Would that be possible?

Any other variations?

The tuning tip of bending the top of the mag spring at top with grams follower so it does not shoot out of the feed lips does not inspire confidence for me, no offense. It is obvious you have had great success, but I would rather have magazines I don't have to tweak too much on. I would also like magazines that did not require someone else to service too much either. I am accustomed to shooting my glocks. :D

I appreciate your time,

Will

Edited by miyamoto

Will,

If you're worried about the slide not locking back and you want this, you should just stick to stock follower and spring. You can use these in the 140mm mags as well, but the springs will be slightly short and also shortlived. I did this for a while, but found the lack of spring tension to be unreliable. Using Grams spring with the stock follower you're just going to have to experiment on your own. Maybe it works fine.