Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blkbrd

blkbrd

24Feb07 My second match HOA win, of course Paul wasnt there so it doesn't really count.

24Mar07 Shot 4 1/2 stages great after a month layoff, no practice, and a Caribbean cruse. Then all hell brakes loose, I blow my back out then push myself through the next 2 stages. Give the win to Hacksaw JC by 20 match points, he should be whipping my butt anyway, Paul has gun problems <_<

28Mar07 Need to get to the range and chono, I cant run yet but at least I can walk and climb into my truck and drive the 5 whole miles to the range. :P

Still commited to making the FL State match, dont want to go minor as my quickness is going to be way down.

If you figure it out "let me know".

Went out to the range today to test some loads.

How does a .458" diameter 405 grain slug at 1900 FPS with a 770 power factor sound?

Or how about 350 grains at 2000 FPS?

My little open gun loads were a wimpy 169PF.

Can't run yet, but I could stand around and watch the dot dance over some plates.

Could barely get out of my truck when I got home. Need lots of ice on back and shoulder.

I have a rifle that is throwing a 300 grain bullet 3100 fps

How does a 930 PF sounds. Tightloop and I have discussed this one, .378 Weatherby.

Most friends WON'T shoot it :D

I prefer my .45 and it's 169 PF

Hope you are feeling better and see you this weekend!!

Wow what a weekend. Another Florida State match under my belt.

Woke up Saturday at 4:30 and drove down to Frost-proof feeling like heck, walked up to Wadette and tried to pull out of the match. :( Being last minute she said I couldn't have a refund and I would have to "sell my entry or win my money back" :huh: . Being so tight I squeak I couldn't just walk away and told my self to buck up, take more pain reliever, quit whining and shoot. Note to self Wadette is always right, also don't over do the pain relievers.

My first stage, Stage 5 Visiting Dr. Painless " painless my ass" went much better than I expected. I thought I was going to pass out as I unloaded and showed clear. I just knew Mike S and Eva B would stomp me into dust by the end of the weekend.

I was squad-ed with a first class great group of guys and gal, really the Open class super squad :wub: . Paul W who I know has it in him to set the Open class standard, James C who "when I listen" gives me great instruction and advice "I think he is about to stop", Tim M who I finally got to compete with and watch tear up stages, Joel D who moves like a cat, Jody R who is as impressive as a shooter as well as looker. Jody pulled a "perfect" double, the only way to tell it was a double was the grease mark was darker on one side of the hole, also there was no way to miss the target and not hit the wall.

Eric S walked over occasionally to talk, give moral support and stage advice. "Must remember, quick like a bunny" ;) .

The other stages Saturday went better than I expected. Thinking I didn't have to reload and could run a 30 round stage at a major match was a mistake. Had to do a panic reload on stage 6 and blew it bad, hit the mag well and launched it over the prop "better to plan them out" :lol: . Threw a miss on stage 8 that cost me a smoking run "2 misses during a match can really cost some serious points and places". Drove home 80 miles in the evening with a major stomach ache "note to self don't take to many pain relievers they will tear up your gut". Also dont be cheap, get a hotel room and avoid the drive.

Drove back down Sunday morning feeling quite a bit better, just 2 aspirin to dull the ache. My first stage I got an education on edge hits and using an overlay. The overlay rings are quite a bit bigger than my Zero bullet grease rings. "Need to find something to use with asthma that wont hype me up". Solid on my second stage and threw away second place A class with a bad rope pull and stupid miss on stage 4 "flat forgot to shoot the paper twice" no idea why? just flustered with the rope pulls.

Overall really glad I listened to Wadette I did win back 1/2 my entry, had fun and learned alot.

Congratulations Bronson C, A class winner 4th overall at 94% only 50 points behind Paul. "A class my butt" Someone get this kid an M card.

Great match Paul W Florida champion, who is this Guida guy anyway must be a New York Bedell conspiracy.

Note: My Bedell shorty ran like a sewing machine & didn't miss a stroke all match, not that it ever has.

Mike S. great job +32 points, you got me "This time".

Thank you everyone for the help and support it really made this match worth it, friends and springtime florida sunshine what a great combo.

Drove home, ate dinner, went to work 3rd shift, then finally got to bed after a 29 hour day and long weekend. My chiropractor and wife both think I'm nuts. :blink:

Edited by blkbrd

Congratulations Bronson C, A class winner 4th overall at 94% only 50 points behind Paul. "A class my butt" Someone get this kid an M card.

Poor kid ... dad cut him off and did not help him load his ammo or work on his gun. Made the kid do everything and, despite a few minor jams, it looks like it helped his match!

He is learning about working for a living and has not been shooting much. What little he has been shooting has been with a limited gun. A few weeks ago he got the Open gun out of the safe and shot a match or two with it. No major practice or many matches and, when he was On, he rocked with that open gun. If he gets out of (high) school, and takes this serious, he will blow the curve for the rest of us. What he did at the State was far from a perfect match for him, with a few jams and mistakes.

Consider that he has already gotten past the smell of gasoline AND perfume, the two main obstacles to shooting for a kid.

Watching Bronson shooting makes me feel like time is just different for people like him. "you're really good". I was glad to be shooting Limited when I realize he was shooting open. Another true GM is right around the corner for us in FL.

Sandro

Edited by Sandro

• 4 weeks later...

I told that Bronson kid that as soon as he started to shoot Open I was moving to single stack. Well who wants to buy an open gun? The kid has soooooo many natural skills it's scary.

when i lived in FL i always enjoyed seeing Bronson and his dad shoot together also Mike and Mark Matthews...when i last visited FL they are now awesome shooters....kinda waiting on my son to grow up so i can squad up with him

Edited by ogiebb

Forgot to mention before that whatever Blkbrd is doing to improve his shooting it's a sight to see. He has worked hard and now it's starting to payoff. He has sprung into a whole new level. Hard to explain isn't it Blkbrd?

Forgot to mention before that whatever Blkbrd is doing to improve his shooting it's a sight to see. He has worked hard and now it's starting to payoff. He has sprung into a whole new level. Hard to explain isn't it Blkbrd?

Thank you Paul. It is hard to explain, If I knew what it was I could sell it. Or just multiply it, and keep it. :D

I am still making errors on every single stage I shoot. It seems like I can see & feel the errors more clearly now as they happen????

I sent in my entrys for Area 7 and the Ft. Benning 3-gun challenge. I am going to have to figure out something soon.

My wife paid the entries so I have a great excuse to practice. :wub: