Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 Remington Comp Master?

Hello All:

I am brand new to the 3G/IDPA/IPSC sports. I am currently trying to decide which shotgun to purchase. I have been a competitive skeet shooter for years and I shoot a Remington 11-87 in 12 ga and doubles, Browning O/U in sub gauges. So it is fair to say my heart belongs to Remmy!!

I was looking at the 12 GA 1100 Tactical w/22"bbl and 4 shot extension from Remington. However, I have seen a number of posts on this site about 1100 Comp Master. Is this a tricked out 1100? If so who does the tricking? Where can I get one? Is it recommended to get rifle sights or stick with the traditional bead?

Thanks

JS

Comp Master has been discountinued. It was replaced by the 1100 Tactical. And the 1100 Tactical has been replaced with 1100 Tac-4. "Minor" differences between the models.

The CM, 1100 Tactical and 1100 Tac-4 are factory guns. You have to add just a couple of parts (IMHO a big head safety and DMW release) to make them as competitive as an 1100 is going to be in Tactical or Limited.

I'm sure there are better choices. But those choices will most likely be more $ (if new) than a factory 1100 series shotgun.

http://www.remington.com/tactical/tactical_shotgun_specs.asp